Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Home hub 5 and Sure signal 3

nicksjoberg
4: Newbie

I have a BT home hub 5 and a sure signal 3. The home hub works fine but the suresignal doesnt work, It has been this way for sometime as I havent had time to sort it but no one seems able to help. I see I am not the only person with this problem but can someone PLEASE help me resolve it?

29 REPLIES 29

Hi nicksjoberg,

I meant the reset button on the Sure Signal, I'm sorry I didn't make that clear.

Thanks,

Matt B

OK so I plug the VSS back into the plug (not the router) held the button for 5 mins and no flashing lights!

Next I plug it into the router and try and try again .... no flashing lights

Next I sepnd two hours on the line to BT trying to get my home hub to work again ..... do know if this is vodaphones fault but very strange co-incidence ? Dont you think?

Now I have no wifi only hard wired connection and waiting on a new home hub ? On tuesday ......

What next ?

Update ....

This morning wifi seems to be working again. I tried resetting the VSS and again wont reset. I have left it plugged in pending your next advice ?

Nick

Hi nickjoberg

What lights are showing on the Sure Signal, flashing or solid?

Thanks

Simon

just the red power light everything else is off.... have held the rest button for an age and nothing happens

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting back to us.

As this hasn’t connected to the server in quite a while there are a few things that we need to check.

Are you a BT Infinity customer?

If not, please make sure that you don’t have the Sure Signal connected to the Infinity Ethernet cable port on the Home Hub.

I’d also try a different Ethernet cable  and port to rule out a faulty cable or port on the Home Hub.

When you have the Sure Signal connected to your Home Hub, do you see any lights flashing on the Ethernet cable port? This will help identify if there is any internet traffic present.

As both units are designed for UPnP, I’d also try deregistering the Sure Signal for a couple of hours and then registering this again to make sure that this is being picked up by the UPnP setup.

James

James

Thank you for your reply. Yes I am a BT infinity customer, The VSS is connected to the correct port, I have tried 5 or 6 different ethernet cables and the one it is currently on I have used to connect the my laptop to the internet with (on the same port I'm connecting the VSS). Yes there are lights flashing on the ethernet port when it is connected.

The VSS is definitely connected to a working internet connection (this I have tested).

The VSS will not reset.

Personnally after 6 months of trying to get it to work, I am of the opinion that this particular VSS is faulty, can I not return it to you so you can test it yourselves? I have asked this before on many occassions but I seem just to get directed round in cirles again .... sorry I dont mean to take my frustration out on you but .....

I would frankly just like to swap it for a new one and start all over again, is this not possible ?

Nick

Hi nicksjoberg,

We can certainly arrange for it to be looked at.

It's worth testing the Sure Signal at a friends or family phone. this will help us rule out any fault with it.

If the Sure Signal is still not working at a different location, have a look at our Repair guide.

Thanks,

Matt B

Matt

Thanks but like I say I am exhasted of trying to sort this peice of kit, I have anothter one set up at my parents house which works fine on BT HH2, this one worked on a HH3 until I moved to infinty and now it doesnt work.

Can I just take into the vodaphone shop in Paddington station or do you need to make specific arrangements?

I am away next week so if I could drop it off by Thursday so it can be looked at whilst I'm away that would be much appreciated. Im sure the tech team that will look at it will have access to BT infinity and a HH5 and be able to sort it out so it works like the plug and play component it is sold as.......!

Nick

I just want to give it back to Vodaphone, so you guys can fix it and send it back to me so I just have to plug it in and it works... Pleeeeaaaassseeee !