Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Honesty is the best policy.

shoddybusiness
4: Newbie

You will have seen HUNDREDS of references to Sure Signal failures. Many, many of them.

Not once have Vodafone come clean on what the current problem is. Hardware or software failures? Hacking?

We, the customers, are left frustrated, irritated and angry. Tell us Vodafone. What is the problem and when are you going to fix it?

More to the point, when will your coverage mean that SS boxes are defunct?

Angry.

Really angry.

Surely you can do better.

Even tell us something.

Sooner rather than later.

14 REPLIES 14

shoddybusiness

Just watching the Vodafone Xmas TV  advert extolling the virtues of nationwide coverage. Ironic.

Don't be fooled customers. It's rubbish.

davyo
Mate they simply dont care the only amswer you will gat is 'feel free to complete the stupid stencil,i have been on the phone with these con artists since Sept(no sig on both phones)Both phones have been independently checked as ok.I was promised call backs (none ) i was then promised that i would receive updates via email to keep me in the loop to what the tech team and the ground team where doing none)
But still paying £36 per month for no service at all.I did hear that someone on facebook has a petition (requires 100k signitures) for the government to step in and take action against VF miss conduct regarding not meeting obligations within the contract.

dfarman
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Solved!??  In what way has this issue been solved?

Mine still not working. Another session on livechat produces nothing more than murderous thoughts. Serial No. 42164450118. I duly de-registered and re-registered as instructed and was then told to wait another 6 hours to see if it is working (********  hell). Still can't add other numbers because "the SS device is not yet registered with the server". This despite getting a text from Vidafone saying the device is good to go.

My SS sprang to life yesterday evening. It died again an hour later, displaying the error lights for "Your SS can't access the Vodafone system - please contact customer support" (who'd no doubt have spouted the usual drivel in fractured English and told me the problem would be solved in 24/48/72 hours). Turned the power off and on again this morning, and it worked for a while. Tried a "factory reset", following which it has been working for 2 hours now. I'm not holding my breath, though....

Internet Info that TalkTalk & Post Office routers have been hacked. Could this be the case with Vodafone?

ALL TECH REPS., PLEASE READ THIS

Right. I'm going back to my old SS device (since as per threads, the V3 version keeps catching fire).

Re-registered the old one 21196953414 - and immediately I get a text notification to say that I'm registered. I can also add users on the OLD device, which I CANNOT do on the NEW device. 

Even with the OLD device, I'm not getting any signal.  

The woe woe continues to day 12.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @shoddybusiness, I can see that the device with serial number 21196953414 has successfully been registered with numbers added. However as the device has not made contact since 1 May, I've now resynced the device for you.

Please allow 6 hours before performing a reset on your device. If you continue to have any problems, let us know.

@Natasha As of now, NOTHING is working on device 21196953414. I will check again throughout the day.

The new V3 device 42164450118  (that I bought because the old one wasn't working) now works with 2 of our registered phones, but NOT 2 others.

Bizarre.

I've spoken to Vodafone complaints dept and we are due to speak again to sort remaining failures and compensation.