Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How can I buy a Sure Signal 2 device?

AlanWright
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been trying to get one of these on the Vodafone website for a few weeks now.

I rang customer services and was told it's out of stock with no ETA.

Is it being replaced with a new model? When will it be available?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

allegoricus
13: Advanced Member

Hi Alan,

I don't think you'll get an answer to this until the <cough> new model appears. [1]

HTH,

Peter

[1] Implies nothing, and you didn't hear it from me, not least because I don't know.

Peter

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

allegoricus
13: Advanced Member

Hi Alan,

I don't think you'll get an answer to this until the <cough> new model appears. [1]

HTH,

Peter

[1] Implies nothing, and you didn't hear it from me, not least because I don't know.

Peter

Many thanks to Peter.

Much as I expected......

I've seen them on eBay but I don't want to waste £50-£60 if a new model (probably 4G) is just round the corner.

Alan

Hi Alan,

I see the bidding on the next one to fall has reached £70 <gulp> which seems a bit silly, although commercial need would obviously override that.

On thought is that, while you're at home (or wherever it is you'll site the VSS), won't you have access to WiFi and, in that event, how much will 4G matter?

What I can tell you is that, apart from the recent outage, my own experience with the v2 VSS has been first-rate.

If you're thinking of buying from a third party, though, make sure that they de-register it before handing it over to you. You won't be permitted to register the unit to your own account unless/until this has happened, so it's better to deal with it when you're buying it.

TTYL,

Peter

Peter

Thanks again Peter

I agree the eBay price seems a bit steep, and thanks for pointing out the de-registration issue.

I do get some sort of a signal at home, so the need is not urgent. I think I'll wait for the next model, you'd think Vodafone would lauch it in time for Xmas.

Cheers

Alan

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Alan,

We're hoping to have Sure Signal stock again by the middle of November (although this is subject to the suppliers being able to get them to us). You can place one on back order with customer services and any new releases will be announced on the eForum as and when they arrive. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

Hi Ben / tech team

i have been promised by vodafone a free sure signal box however the chap fom overseas call centre told me they did not have any in stock. He said order one online and once delivered phone customer service billing who will credit me.

i tried but no stock online...

all I want is a decent signal in my house. 

Why can someon just back order me one as it has been offered free, an why should I continually chase re signal problems. I was even told to turn off 3G to peed things up??? As soon a new transmitter is coming but don't know when.

come on vodafone how hard can it be to back order my free sure signal box I am prpromised. 

thanks 

Hi  tech team

i have been promised by vodafone a free sure signal box however the chap fom overseas call centre told me they did not have any in stock. He said order one online and once delivered phone customer service billing who will credit me.

i tried but no stock online...

all I want is a decent signal in my house. 

Why can someon just back order me one as it has been offered free, an why should I continually chase re signal problems. I was even told to turn off 3G to peed things up??? As soon a new transmitter is coming but don't know when.

come on vodafone how hard can it be to back order my free sure signal box I am prpromised. 

thanks 

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi GLT1969,

We can certainly take a look at your account to see what we can do regarding your outstanding Sure Signal. To start the ball rolling, I’ve just sent you a PM.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can’t access this link, please ensure that the box next to “Turn on private messages” is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Follow the details in the PM and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.

Thanks

Andrew

I would like to upgrade my Vodafone Sure Signal v1 box to a version 2 one. Can I get one from yourselves?