Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I know if I've got a bad signal?

andyg1
4: Newbie

This might sound like a stupid question, but every single person I phone says that I have a bad line. I can hear them perfectly, so it doesn't bother me on my end.

I have a Sure Signal - one of the early ones. I have a signal checker on my phone, which reports my signal at about -60 (whatever units).

It's not the microphone because I've checked this on the Voice Recorder app, and it sounds good.

What is a way to test if I've got a bad signal? It's not like I can ring myself! This has become so disruptive that I either text people or use my landline instead.

10 REPLIES 10

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@andyg1 - If this has been the case since a change made with your broadband provider, this is something out of our control. You can speak with them to see if there’s anything they can do to improve things.

Your broadband speeds are fine and shouldn’t affect the performance of the Sure Signal, however having multiple devices using the Wi-Fi at the same time, may affect this.

If you disconnect the other devices, does this make a difference and improve the call quality?

As Colleen mentioned above, it’s worth trying the Sure Signal in another location (at a friend or family member’s for example), to see if this improves things.