Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I know if Suresignal is working?

RodBoyes
1: Seeker

I have the plug-in Suresignal.  I have checked it is registered and it is.   The power light (red), internet light (white) and in service light (white) are all on and normal.  When I make a phone call, the "in use" light does not light up. 

My iphone is from vodafone and I have vodafone contract.   The signal strength on my iphone 4 constantly varies between none ("searching") and 1, 2 and 3 dots.  I bought suresignal because  wanted a strong consistant signal.  3G is turned on.  I know it is working because I can sometimes use 3G to use the internet when I am away from home, in which case the phone says "3G" at the top of the screen.   In the house, I have the local wireless icon on my phone and can use the internet.  If I turn the phone's wireless capability off then I get "GPRS" at the top of the screen. ie: The phone never shows "3G" in the house.

This morning I got an email from someone saying they tried to call me but the call went straight to voicemail,  The phone was 10ft from the suresignal at the time.

Should Suresignal kick in whenever I make a call, or only when the phone has no signal at all?

Does my phone use suresignal to help it receive incoming calls?

Does my phone need to have good 3G connection to use suresignal?  (In which case I probably wouldnt need it anyway, as I only ever have 3G when I also have good signal strength.)

With thanks,

John Boyes

(Removed according to House Rules)

2 REPLIES 2

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Hi there,

I would firstly use the Edit feature of the forum to remove your number from the post, it is publicly facing and won't take google long to find and cache it.

The suresignal puts out it's own 3G signal, so your handset does not need to be able to see the network elsewhere.

You now essentially have a mini phone mast in your front room.

Your phone should get a good 3g signal provided by the suresignal, and then when in use the in-use light should light up.

Maybe a silly question, is your phone number registered on the sure signal web portal?

The unit will only talk to devices that it knows about... I think 30 can be registered, but only 4 in use at any time.

If your number is registered, then maybe the config files didn't quite download correctly, and a press and hold of the reset button on the bottom of the device for 10 seconds will force it to start again and reconfigure everything.

Also, posting the serial number of the box will enable the forum team to check that everything looks ok from their side when they get to your question, which at the moment takes between 24 and 48 hours for them to reach new posts.

Hi RobBoyes,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply below including the following information:

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Matt B