cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I re-register a Sure Signal that Vodafone de-registered in error?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I've had a SureSignal for several years, on a business account, and as far as I know it has been working normally for several years including last Thursday when I last made a call from home.

On Saturday (27th May) I got a text from Vodafone to say they were about to de-register it as it hadn't been used for a long time, and that if I wanted to continue to use it I should connect it up and log into my Vodafone account.  However I couldn't do this as I was away from home for several days, and the next day (28th May) I got another Vodafone text to say it had been suspended.

I got home today (29th May) and logged in and tried to re-register it but it wouldn't accept the device code.  There is no-one available on chat to ask (and to be honest I tend to get more helpful answers when I post in the forums than on chat).

Please can someone advise how I get it reconnected?

Also for some reason it appears to be registered to the postcode of our previous address, but I never had it at the old address.  This may date back to the trouble I had getting my address changed on my account when we moved house (it took multiple attempts by various means over several years, Vodafone changed it for a few months then reverted to using the old address, and I think I had to send a recorded delivery letter to the CEO in the end to get it changed)

7 REPLIES 7

davidg_wilson
4: Newbie

I just had the same issue.  I have a 'spare' SS to cover for when they go a bit screwy, but when one of mine blew up, I popped the sapre in and it's not wanting to work (white light 1 flashing, but nver syncs).  Then I got a msg saying they will suspend it.  Then to say they have (but it is plugged in).  I went on chat to ask about re-acivating only to learn thet YOU CANNOT.  If it is not used for 90 days, then it is suspended, and once suspended I was told it CAN NEVER again be reactivated.  Now I am super ##~##.  I spend £100 for a piece of hardware that becomes a brick if it is not used (or in my case will not work) for 3 months.  How bad is that?

Oh - and I still seem unable to get my exploded SS replaced foc.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous So we're able to look into this further for you, please provide us with your Sure Signal serial number. :smileyhappy:

@davidg_wilson Please contact us via the information in private message I've sent. Once you've done this, we'll be more than happy to arrange a replacement for you.

Our team can also look into your current device and check if we're able to reconnect this. :smileyhappy:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alex, serial number is 21197060029

Hi.  After completing the form, a nice lady called and is mailing a new SS to replace the one that exploded.

How do I go about sorting the one that you have suspended?  I cannot seem to re-activate or do anything on-line for this SS.  Having checked the forum, it seems that you do indeed 'brick' Suresignals that are not used for 12 months, and I now realize that the reason why it was not usable was because after 90 days you suspend them and I did have a 90 day lapse in use previously.  I am actually more irritated by this than by the exploding device.  The serial number is 42151689678

@Anonymous - Thanks for coming back to us.

So we can access your account, we’ll need to go through some security checks.

Please send us your details, by following the instructions I've sent in this private message.

@davidg_wilson - I’m glad to hear a replacement Sure Signal is on its way to you. :Smiling:

Please reply to the email we've sent on 30 May and ask us to look at the Sure Signal that’s been suspended (include the Sure Signal serial number on the email).

We can help with this, as long as it’s been used within the last 12 months. :Smiling: 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have followed the instructions in the email and hope this can be resolved quickly.

The main problem I have is that it's unreasonable to give someone just 24 hours notice before suspending their Sure Signal, someone might be away from home overnight and unable to get home to access their device to re-enable it.   The first text I received didn't say that I only had 24 hours to sort it out, so I assumed I had several days' grace, only to get the second text a day later to say it had been suspended.

Also the incorrect postcode for the Suresignal despite the other parts of my profile finally having my correct home address nearly 10 years after moving house and multiple attempts at correcting it by various methods suggests there is something wrong with your database.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous - I’m unable to see an email from your registered Community email address.

Let us know your email reference number from your auto reply (looks like [#1593266]) and we’ll check we’ve got it. :Smiling: