cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How many SS1 are still not working after the system outage at the end of September 2014?

MarkMil
4: Newbie

I'm interested to know how many version one boxes have still not come back on line since the sytem outage.

Tech support on this forum have been little or no help and the lady I've just spoken to on the phone denies all knowledge of there being an ongoing issue with SS1's.

21 REPLIES 21

Hi MarkMil,

Having been round the houses like you,

Have you got a 12v 1.5a or 12v 2a power supply hanging around?

Seems from other posts on this site it is not uncommon for the power supplies to go out.

They have enough amp output to purely establish a connection as your tracert shows, but not enough to power 3G.

All fine till connection is lost.

On the advice of Matt_B I changed mine and was up and running in 15 mins.

Good as gold since!

Must be worth a try, even if you don't have one to hand, they are between £2.99 ans £10 on ebay.

Disagree with you about the forum though.

Sounds like you have been unlucky.

Without them mine would still be down.

Bazza

solvetech

My SS1 has been offline since 18th August.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Solvetech,

I can see Laura’s replied to your other post here.

Thanks,

Jenny

mine still isn't working and i have tried everything but no success. I have called the tech team about 10 timesand they have given me no satisfaction whatsoever as they just ask me to reset it or say they are reconfiguring it at there end. I have logged in to my router to do something with IPSEC but still no joy. 

I'm very dissapointed with the attempts to resolve this problem. 

Kendo70
They pushed through new software for me and it fixed the problem

Mine's still dead, despite apparently having had a software update. On a plus side I seem to be getting somewhere with telephone support after making a formal complaint. I can't post details as yet.

under advice from technical team i have tried it at another house. Same problem as its not working there either.

The power light is on constant, the 2nd light comes on intermittantly  and the 4th light flashes too but then it just goes back to the power light only and sits on it for ages.

Could it be the power supply of is the sure signal stuffed? It was working fine until this recent outage so can't believe that its broken as that would be too much of a coincidence with the problems everyone else is reporting too.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi sfpoke,

If the Sure Signal has not worked at a different location, suggests the issue is with the box itself.

As this will now be out of warranty. I recommend getting a new one.

Thanks,

Sukhi

Sukhi,

Thanks for your reply, but it was working fine until the outage. So seems strane that the box is now faulty.

Is this a drive by Vodafone to sell more sure signal's??

Steven

Hi sfpoke,

Read my post further up

and here

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/SS1-Still-not-working/td-p/2277505/page/2

mine had exactly same sequence as yours and would not work on 2 IPS.

Try a PSU - all it has to be is 12v DC out at 1.5 or 2 amp

Cheap and worth the gamble

Bazza