cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to re-register a different sim with no other owners possible?

NeXTGen
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi there - having had my phone and SIM replaced recently, I only just noticed that I was getting awful signal in the house, and that my MK1 sure signal wasn't flashing the 'in use' light when I was on the phone.

I hard reset the unit, waited for the 1.2.3.4 lights, waited for the 1 steady, 2 blink/4 blink sequence to end and settle on 124 steady, left it for a bit, and tried again. No dice: no flashing 3 light when in use (even when sitting on top of the unit ;-).

Then I tried de-registering the SS, turning it off, registering it, and resetting it just for good measure. No dice again, same result - an apparently working suresignal, that my phone isnt using. I even got the welcome text from the vodaphone suresignal mailer to compound the confusion.

Then I spotted the instructions on how to deal with a SS owner who has changed sim - you have to transfer it to another owner, get them to log in, disown it, and the re-own it????????? Surely some mistake? I bought this unit for my house, and I don't have any 'friends' to whom I would be prepared to change the owner to and then trust them to log in and de-register it.

There *has* to be another way to deal with this situation - please could someone inform me of how this is meant to work? Its a common enough situation what with sim card size changes?

Cheers in advance....

Sure Signal S/N=21197030253

7 REPLIES 7

Myrm
16: Advanced member

Hi

Assuming you have followed all the instructions here in this link  I would wait for a VF Rep to reply to this thread as see if they can help.  They are vary good at helping people and as such are much in demand.  Please sit tight and one will be along soon to assist.  They have the red VF icon next to their name and so are easy to spot.

Myrm
----------
DERMY BUD

Yep, thats the link I found:

And this is the bit that has me amazed:

<quote>

If you still experience issues after this time, you'll need to remove the affected number from your Sure Signal and then add it back on via My Account

If the affected number is the owner of the Sure Signal, you'll need to temporarily transfer the ownership to another number and then remove and re-add the affected number. This can be done by clicking ‘Change Owner’ on the Sure Signal Dashboard.

The new owner will then need to log in to their My Account profile and accept the ownership request, before removing and re-adding the number. Once this has been completed then the ownership can be transferred back to the original number."

</quote>

Myrm

Wow, that sounds like a lot of aggravation :smileyfrustrated:

Myrm
----------
DERMY BUD

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi NeXTGen,

Don't worry, we're here to help. I'm a solo Sure Signal user, so I'm in the same boat myself whenever I upgrade.

There are two ways to dealing with this. One is the steps you've quoted, and the other is de-registering, waiting about an hour and then and re-registering. Either way removes the old record and forces the system to pick up the new one.

If you can pop us a few details, we'll help get this sorted.

Your Sure Signal serial number.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Dave

I'll try waiting the hour before re-registering, then proceede to back-track through the original steps.

In the meantime:

External IP: 82.69.111.138 (tool suggested reports my internal IP!)

Speedtest:  Ping 20ms, 60.38 Mbps Down 11.17 Mbps up.

Pingtest: PIng 33ms (Milton Keynes) Jitter 1ms (No packet loss result as Java plugin not working).

traceroute to 212.183.133.177 (212.183.133.177), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
1 gateway.ximphony.org (192.168.0.1) 0.480 ms 0.371 ms 0.316 ms
2 losubs.subs.dsl2.wh-man.zen.net.uk (62.3.87.147) 14.074 ms 13.783 ms 13.703 ms
3 xe-0-3-0-114.cr1.wh-man.zen.net.uk (62.3.87.169) 13.742 ms 13.958 ms 13.715 ms
4 ge-3-0-0-0.cr2.th-lon.zen.net.uk (62.3.80.45) 20.513 ms 20.866 ms 21.448 ms
5 lndgw2.arcor-ip.net (195.66.224.124) 21.974 ms 24.599 ms 24.014 ms
6 85.205.116.10 (85.205.116.10) 22.261 ms 22.244 ms 22.426 ms
7 * * *
8 * * *
9 * * *
10 * * *
11 * * *
12 * * *
13 * * *
14 * * *
15 * *

Thanks.

So: De-registered my sure signal, then waited 1 hour (a little more perhaps).

Re-registered it, as soon as the process was complete on the website, the Suresignal reset (without me going near it), then went through the whole bootup sequence, and then came to the 1,2,4 steady LED state.

Text messages were sent to both my phone and the other phone registered to it telling my it was ready to use.

Even with my phone sitting right next to it (and in other places in the house), neither phone causes the 'in use LED' (led 3) to activate with phone calls or texts.

My signal is still poor (2 bars mostly) and it is evident the SS is not doing its job.

Please tell me what to do next? I can't do the 'transfer to another user' option.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi NeXTGen,

I'd like for us to take ownership of the Sure Signal before transferring it back if the registration reset method hasn't worked for you. I've sent instructions on how to reach my team here. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben