cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to tell Vodafone that Sure Signal has not been moved?

fishcallededdie
4: Newbie

I recently changed broadband provider, so Sure Signal thinks it might have been moved. No problem, I followed the instructions in the emails and texts to re-confirm postcode, address, floor number etc.

I keep getting emails & texts.

So I do it again and I continue to get regular texts & emails telling me that the Sure Signal has moved. Tried again, still get the messages. Called Vodafone yesterday, got them to confirm that the Sure Signal had not been moved. And yet today I continue to get these emails and texts.

How do I make them stop ????

9 REPLIES 9

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi fishcallededdie,

I’ve checked your serial number and have changed your postcode to a different one and then back to the original.

This should stop you receiving the messages.

To make sure it’s as up to date as possible, I’ve resynced it for you.

So that the resync completes, can you do a factory reset for me:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights display, release the reset button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in about an hour

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks,

Andrew

thanks Andrew. I've stopped receiving the messages. Do you still need me to do a factory reset as it's working ok and no longer sending messages? cheers James.

Hi James,

Thanks for the update, it’s great to see the messages have stopped.

If your Sure Signal is working as normal then it’s not necessary to do the reset.

Thanks,

Andrew

ok I am getting the messages again (text only now) so tried to reset the box. I did exactly as per the instructions but nothing happened - ie the lights didn't flash after 30 seconds (or even 60 seconds), I tried removing & re-inserting the power lead anyway, but all the lights did not display (only the top one).

Are these the right instructions for this box?

Cheers

James

Hi James,

Please can you get back to me with your serial number as I want to check we’ve got the right one. :Smiling:

Also, please let me know what light sequence you’re seeing on the box.

Thanks,

Jenny 

according to the dashboard, it is 21196907022. I am not in front of it right now, it's at my house.

I will come back to you re the light sequence.

I have another question which I ought properly to ask on a different thread but maybe you'll cut me some slack. Is there any way of manually setting up the default gateway on a (different) SureSignal (Alcatel Lucent 9361 HomeCell V2-V)? This is on my office LAN but I want to use a different default gateway so as to send all SureSignal traffic via our dedicated VoIP internet connection. Thanks.

Hi fishcallededdie,

Thanks for posting.

I've checked that serial number and it connected with our servers last night at about 10pm.

How have things been today?

In terms of your network, we won't be able to advise how to change the default gateway.

Have you been in touch with your IT team? They might be best placed to help with this one.

Cheers,

LeeH

well I've not received any more messages over the past few days, so maybe it finally believes that it hasn't been moved

regarding the network, I *am* my IT team. Suresignal gets its network config via DHCP but there's no simple way to tell my DHCP server to give a different DG to one device. Usually you would be able to log into the device's network config controller and set this manually if required. Does SureSignal have any such interface or a way of setting its IP address, subnet mask and default gateway manually?

cheers

James

Hi James,

The Sure Signal doesn’t have such an interface.

You may be able to set these details via your router.

Thanks,

Andrew