cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I cannot de register sure signal box - please help!!

Malakite23
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi guys, I really do hope you can help.  I have a Sure SIgnal box I cannot de-register because I cannot remember my username and password to my online account. 

WORSE STILL, I cannot get a text code sent to my mobile phone because the contract stopped a few weeks ago.

The question is, how on EARTH can I re-register this so that a friend of mine can use it with her Vodafone instead? I have no use for it now - you wouldn't think it would be this tough, but I even called and they didn;t have a clue?! 😞

I do hope someone on here can help - I have spent hours trying to sort and it's all so frustrating it's beyond words now!!

10 REPLIES 10

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Malakite23,

We can help you get the Sure Signal deregistered so that you can register against another person. 

Follow the instructions I've sent via PM and we'll be in touch with you. 

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Phil

Hi Team. I have the same problem.

I am giving my sure signal box to my friend, I have just left vodafone so no longer have access to my online account. Please could you help me with de registering the sure signal box please.

Hi Bryan839

So that we can get the Sure Signal de-registered, we will need to confirm a few details on your old account fro security.

So we can do this please follow the instructions on the PM that I have sent to you and we will be able to get everything sorted for you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

I bought a sure signal box from a car boot sale last year. I am now trying to set it up for my mother-in-law but am having problems probably due to it already being registered to some else. When I bought it they gave me the original despatch note with their name and address and postcode on it. Is it possible to get this unregistered so I can then proceed to try to set it up again under my mother-in-laws name? I have the despatch note number and date of despatch if that will help? Many thanks

Hi carlnewman,

If you’ve bought a Sure Signal second-hand and it’s still registered, then the person to whom it’s registered needs to contact us to deregister the device.

We’re unable to deregister the Sure Signal without the owners consent for security reasons. In accordance with the Sure Signal Terms and Conditions, if the Sure Signal isn’t used for a period of 3 months or more, a bar may be placed preventing its use.

You may find the easiest option, in this case, is to pop to a Vodafone store and purchase a new one.

Thanks

Andrew

hi Andrew, can you tell me whether a bar can be lifted if it has been put in place? I have the persons address and can try to contact them but won't bother if the bar can't be lifted. I definitely won't be buying a new one as I don't feel that the customer should be paying extra just to get network coverage that others get as standard, my mother-in-law and her husband will simply switch networks.

Phil

Hi carlnewman,

We're unable to lift the suspensions placed against Sure Signal units for inactivity I'm afraid. If you are having general network issues in your area then I would recommend following our troubleshooting guide, otherwise you can leave coverage feedback online

M8whrr,

Firstly let me pass on my condolences to you.  Are you aware how long it's been since the device was last used?  If it is 3 months or more then it will be suspended and we won't be able to reactivate it I'm afraid. 

If that is the case then you can purchase a new one either in store or online.

Thanks,

Phil

The box has been in ongoing use. I just haven't had access to the administration.

Hi, my sure box was registered on my mothers account, but she passed away last year and her Vodafone contract cancelled. Therefore I have no access to her account to de register it from there or to add additional users. Please advise.