Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I haven't moved.....

skullduggan
4: Newbie

I keep recieving a text message telling me my Sure Signal has moved and I need to update my postcode. 

I haven't moved. But I did have BT Infinity installed a few weeks ago.  I've "updated" my postcode ( it's still the same postcode) via my Vodafone account but the text messages are still asking me to update.

As an aside.....since BT Infinty was installed my Sure Signal has worked brilliantly without a single drop off. It seems my weedy internet speed was probably the cause of most of my SS problems.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

When the IP address allocated to you by your ISP changes, you will get the text messages saying that your address has changed.  Also, while your new connection beds in you IP address will probably change a few more times and you may find that your location isn't accurate.  When I had fibre installed, it took about 3 weeks for it to work out that I was near London and not near Nottingham.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

drey_p

Hi there

When the IP address allocated to you by your ISP changes, you will get the text messages saying that your address has changed.  Also, while your new connection beds in you IP address will probably change a few more times and you may find that your location isn't accurate.  When I had fibre installed, it took about 3 weeks for it to work out that I was near London and not near Nottingham.

PWIAC