Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IOS 7 Update Breaks SureSignal

peterrid
4: Newbie

I have an iPhone 4S and a SureSignal V1 box which has been working perfectly fine till I rather rashly decided to install the IOS 7 update on my iPhone.

Immediately after installation I can no longer get a connection to the SureSignal box which has lights 1,2,4 green but nothing on 3rd light. I think this indicates there is no 3G connection.

I have tried installing the 7.02 IOS update without any joy. I have reset the iPhone to factory defaults - no joy there either. I have also tried resetiing the Suresignal box itself. No Joy.

I can get a signal on the iPhone if I go to a better reception area so the phone is working but the SureSignal box no longer sees the iPhone when at home.

This phone has been turned into a useless heap of junk!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Horaaaay. Problem solved.

The trouble is that I am not certain what solved it because this morning when I checked it was not working and then saw the IOS 7.03 update was available so I installed the update - after which my phone now works again.

I think it was an IOS issue but I dont know when the firmware update happened so am not absolutely certain. My advice is to get the firmware upgrade and install the later version of IOS 7.0.3 or better

View solution in original position

42 REPLIES 42

I am jealous. I cannot see fibre making it to my house unless I had a few million quid to invest!

I think in the dim past VodaFone offered me the SS for half price to get me to sign up.

Hi hobbsg51,

We aren't able to offer the Sure Signal at a discounted price, but we are happy to investigate the issues you're having to help fix this. As an iPhone/ Sure Signal v1 user I can testify to iOS 7.0.3 working, so there must be something responsible for this.

I've resynched the Sure Signal at this end as we hadn't tried that recently. Can you reset your box for me to pick that up?

• Unplug the Ethernet cable from the Sure Signal.
  • Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds).
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • Plug the Ethernet cable back in.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Let us know if this helps.

Dave

I dont have access to any other mobile phone.

I see there is a suggestion that the SureSignal may need a firmware update

Guys

It is 3 weeks now without a working phone which is totally unacceptable. I need action. It has been suggested that a firmware update for the SS! can fix the issue. The next step is to upgrade the firmware. I need to know how I go about this. I tried for hours yesterday to contact support with no joy. I tried both phone and chat - both of which were always too busy to answer.

I am trying to run a business here and I have a business account. 3 weeks and counting...

I see there is a known problem with the SS1 box that exactly matches mine. Two questions. 1. Why dont you already know this? 2. Can you push the firmware upgrade to my SureSignal - you have the device number.

If that fails to work then I need a replacement for my SS. Clearly there is a known issue with it and I am upset that this has not been acknowledged. Three weeks and counting...

Forgot to post the thread link in this forum Sure Signal 1 s/w upgrade

I have installed IOS 7.0.2

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your help. I have reset the SureSignal and it is still the same. I get no connection.

Hmm

I cannot actually see the suresignal on the network. I cannot ping it.

Belay that last message. I was pinging the wrong address.

I can ping the SureSignal.