Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IOS 7 Update Breaks SureSignal

peterrid
4: Newbie

I have an iPhone 4S and a SureSignal V1 box which has been working perfectly fine till I rather rashly decided to install the IOS 7 update on my iPhone.

Immediately after installation I can no longer get a connection to the SureSignal box which has lights 1,2,4 green but nothing on 3rd light. I think this indicates there is no 3G connection.

I have tried installing the 7.02 IOS update without any joy. I have reset the iPhone to factory defaults - no joy there either. I have also tried resetiing the Suresignal box itself. No Joy.

I can get a signal on the iPhone if I go to a better reception area so the phone is working but the SureSignal box no longer sees the iPhone when at home.

This phone has been turned into a useless heap of junk!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Horaaaay. Problem solved.

The trouble is that I am not certain what solved it because this morning when I checked it was not working and then saw the IOS 7.03 update was available so I installed the update - after which my phone now works again.

I think it was an IOS issue but I dont know when the firmware update happened so am not absolutely certain. My advice is to get the firmware upgrade and install the later version of IOS 7.0.3 or better

View solution in original position

42 REPLIES 42

No I dont have a friend with an iPhone.

I need to get this resolved. My phone is useless to me at the moment.

Yes I see loads of people around the world are having various problems with 3G after installing IOS 7.

I realise that this initially appears to be an Apple issue but as a VodaFone customer I would appreciate some information as to when Apple will fix this. I am sure you have better contacts with Apple than I do and it would be helpful to let us know when this will be fixed.

For any of you interested in this thread then please do not install IOS7 until this problem is resolved. If you were foolhardy like me then you can try resetting your network settings which appears to work for some people (but not me).

I note that this issue only occurs when using a SureSignal (I get 3G when outside) so it would appear that Apple have broken something with SureSignal. VodaFone need to urgently investigate this. The reason I am a VodaFone customer is because of SureSignal and it is now broken.

I suggest you investigate if it is an issue with the older SureSignal boxes (Mine is a 1st generation one)

Hi peterrid,

A lot of people have iPhones and Sure Signals and, as James says, we're not really seeing a large number of posts saying that iOS7 has affected the connection, which is why it doesn't look like a specific problem between the two. I do appreciate the timing looks suspicious, though.

James actually mentioned getting a friend without an iPhone registered to see if they could connect. That would help us confirm if the issue was actually with the iPhone or the Sure Signal/connection.

Are you able to try that at all?

Dave

As I said no I don't have a friend with an iPhone. You can send me one to test if you like.

Judging by the numerous apple forum messages detailing 3G problems after upgrading to ios 7 then there is clearly a problem. There was over a hundred posts just to one thread and there are many threads.

Are you able to get information from Apple using vodafones considerable clout?

Hi peterrid,

We’re not asking you to test another iPhone but a different phone such as a HTC or Samsung.

We’re currently looking into reports from customers but a number seem to have been resolved by updating to IOS 7.0.2.

James

The only phone I have access to is my iPhone which has not worked for two weeks now.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi peterrid

Are you not able to add a friend to your Sure Signal?

Thanks

Sukhi

HI,

I suspect I got the same issue here (1,2,4 on, 3 off, no 3G on the iPhone, not sure when it started, might be after upgrade to 7.0.2)

Did you get any progress / solution?

Already call support line who "resynch" my SS V1 box, without any effect of course... 

Don't have any non iOS7 device to test....

Thanks

Stephane

Exactly the same problem as me And no, there is no progress. Do you get a 3G signal when you use the phone in a decent reception area?

I think so... except I have to travel quite far to get a decent signal 😞