Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IOS 7 Update Breaks SureSignal

peterrid
4: Newbie

I have an iPhone 4S and a SureSignal V1 box which has been working perfectly fine till I rather rashly decided to install the IOS 7 update on my iPhone.

Immediately after installation I can no longer get a connection to the SureSignal box which has lights 1,2,4 green but nothing on 3rd light. I think this indicates there is no 3G connection.

I have tried installing the 7.02 IOS update without any joy. I have reset the iPhone to factory defaults - no joy there either. I have also tried resetiing the Suresignal box itself. No Joy.

I can get a signal on the iPhone if I go to a better reception area so the phone is working but the SureSignal box no longer sees the iPhone when at home.

This phone has been turned into a useless heap of junk!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Horaaaay. Problem solved.

The trouble is that I am not certain what solved it because this morning when I checked it was not working and then saw the IOS 7.03 update was available so I installed the update - after which my phone now works again.

I think it was an IOS issue but I dont know when the firmware update happened so am not absolutely certain. My advice is to get the firmware upgrade and install the later version of IOS 7.0.3 or better

View solution in original position

42 REPLIES 42

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi SMabille, 

Can you let me know your Sure Signal serial number? 

peterrid, have you tried what Sukhi suggested? 

Thanks, 

Kay

Hi,

I posted it in the other thread (VSS v1 Firmware upgrade) and call techsupport.

The issue seems to be solved with the newer firmware

Thanks,

Stephane

Hi Guys,

This issue isn’t affecting all Sure Signal version one box’s but we are requesting for the firmware to be sent to customers with the following issue.

Lights 1, 2 and 4 are on but no phone is picking up a 3G signal.

I’ve requested for you all to get the update pushed through within the next 24 hours.

James

Horaaaay. Problem solved.

The trouble is that I am not certain what solved it because this morning when I checked it was not working and then saw the IOS 7.03 update was available so I installed the update - after which my phone now works again.

I think it was an IOS issue but I dont know when the firmware update happened so am not absolutely certain. My advice is to get the firmware upgrade and install the later version of IOS 7.0.3 or better

Help....  I have exactly the same issue, I haven't been able to get a signal since I upgraded my iphone on Monday....  All the correct lights are flashing and I can get 3G access on it everywhere else

What version of ios did you install? 7.03 fixed my issue.

Hi treetimm,

As well as checking you have the latest version of iOS installed, we'd need to take a look at a few more things to see what may be happening.

• Your Sure Signal serial number
  • What version Sure Signal do you have? The firmware update is specifically for version 1 boxes.
  • Your speed test results from here.
  • Your ping test results from here.
  • Your external IP address from here.

Can you also post the results of a traceroute?

On a PC

• Click on Start and select Run
  • Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
  • A black box will appear.
  • In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
  • Paste the output of this command into your reply.

On a Mac

• Open Terminal (Applications, Utilities)
  • Type traceroute 212.183.133.177 and press Enter
  • Paste the output of this command into your reply.

Dave

Mine has been down for several weeks now and support have tried with a firmware upgrade but no success. I have now been informed by Tech Support that this version of the Sure Signal is out of warranty and there is nothing else they can do. I need to buy a newer one!!! Thanks Vodaphone and we're a business customer paying for 5 phones on one net.

Also the problem is the spec for the new version seems to require a broadband speed above what I get!

It seems to me Vodafone should upgrade you for free or at a reduced cost. Try asking for a discount.

My issue was fixed by the IOS 7.03 update. If it had not been fixed I planned to ask VodaFone for a free upgrade for the SS box because the service was unusable. I think it possibly breaches their contract with you if not legally then certainly morally.

What speed do you get on your internet? Reason I ask is because I live in a remote area with poor speed but I came across a company that does adsl bonding where you have two broadband connections which are bonded so you get twice the download speed and twice the upload speed.

Company is called SharedBand. I am not affilated to them in any way and it works very well for me over the past two years

I am certainly going to ask for a discount. It would be good of they had some sort of upgrade offer on suresignals as they do phones, so we keep up to date.

Thanks for the info on SharedBand, I only have one connection at the moment but it prompted me to look at what the options are only to find out that we are just being upgraded to fibre in the road, so relief is not far away!