Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IOS10 with Vodafone Sure Signal

dcordwell
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have just upgraded my iPhone 6 to IOS10.  It no longer picks up and attaches to my Sure Signal.

I have rebooted both, no difference.

Anyone else got this problem?

28 REPLIES 28

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

This maybe a long shot but try going into the iPhones settings and toggle off 4G to force it onto 3G. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll try it later tonight when I get home

BandOfBrothers

It's just that the Sure Signal pushes out 3G so if your phone is latching to 4G then that could be the issue. 

Please do report back if not as Vodafone do read all posts and this could need feeding back. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It seemed like a good idea at the time but as far as I can see, there is no provision in a standard IOS10 implementation to force 3G.  The selection between EDGE, 3G and 4G seems to be entirely automatic.  From memory I think there was something in IOS8 but no more.

Because I live in a remote area, the best data I can get without the Sure Signal is EDGE which, for any of you who have not tried it, is unuseable.

If there are any other ideas, they would be most welcome.

Thanks - dc

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dcordwell Please try resetting your network settings on your iPhone via going into Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. 

You'll then need to reset your Vodafone Sure Signal. 

If you're still having trouble after this, please provide us with your serial number. 

Hi.

I have reset my phone's network settings.  I hadn't realised that I would lose all my wifi keys carefully collected so I was brassed off by that.

I have reset the sure signal and the iPhone is still not able to pick it up as a phone source.

The serial number of my sure signal is 40132208808

The sure signal worked perfectly with the iPhone on IOS9 but hasn't since upgrading to IOS10

Thanks

There has to be a magic wand somewhere - having not worked for a week, this morning the sure signal connected to my phone (or vice versa)

Thanks to all - dc

adch1nn
9: Established

@dcordwell really should've been warned that they would lose all WiFi passwords by resetting network settings.  That really is not good, and the lack of apology afterwards for something that was entirely avoidable.

That is very frustrating - I'm making noise because it's not the first time I've seen this happen in your forums and Vodafone really need to understand the tech they're working with, whether they're techies, iOS or Android aficionados, they need to stop hiring people just about capable of following a script who take punts and guesses, and have a look at people that understand what certain settings do.

Resetting the network settings would've had absolutely no bearing on the device connecting to the Sure Signal.  You can trust me on that.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dcordwell Fantastic to hear! Please accept our apologies in relation to your stored Wi-Fi passwords. 

@adch1nn Can we help you with anything?