Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IPHONE 5S

Peter1812
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have switched from iPhone 4s to 5s. The new phone does not connect to Sure Signal.

Does anyone know a solution?

Thank you

Peter.

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there Peter1812,

Can you try the below for me, taken form the toubleshooting?

Check that the phone you’re using works on 3G. 

You can check this by searching for the make and model over at GSM Arena which will show the specifications of your phone.

Check that the number you’re using has been added to your Sure Signal by logging to My Account and click on the ‘My Sure Signal’ tab. The numbers you’re trying to use must appear here as either an Owner or a User.

If the number you're trying to use doesn't appear here, you need to click the ‘Add User’ button and enter the new mobile number. This can only be done if you’re the Owner or Administrator of the Sure Signal.

Test your SIM in another 3G phone.

Put your SIM into a different 3G phone and see if you can connect to the Sure Signal. If your SIM then picks up a 3G signal, check if your original phone can pick up 3G signal in other areas, or if it has ever picked up a 3G signal.

If your phone has never picked up a 3G Signal, but is confirmed as being a 3G handset, please visit the Help Centre, select your device from the list and go to Network > Use phone for both GSM and 3G.

If your phone is already set to 2G and 3G but has still never picked up a 3G signal, this indicates a phone fault. You’ll need to follow the instructions in the repairs section of our eForum FAQs to resolve this.

Has Your SIM recently been replaced?
When a SIM is changed it can take up to 2 hours for the Sure Signal to recognise this and during this period, you won't be able to pick up any signal from the Sure Signal.

If you still experience issues after this time, you'll need to remove the affected number from your Sure Signal and then add it back on via My Account

If the affected number is the owner of the Sure Signal, you'll need to temporarily transfer the ownership to another number and then remove and re-add the affected number. This can be done by clicking ‘Change Owner’ on the Sure Signal Dashboard.

The new owner will then need to log in to their My Account profile and accept the ownership request, before removing and re-adding the number. Once this has been completed then the ownership can be transferred back to the original number.

Cheers,

LeeH