Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

ISP needs IP's Whitelisting - URGENT

LNC-Martyn
4: Newbie

Hi, I need to speak to a Vodafone representative regarding adding a number of blocks of IP subnets to the Vodafone whitelist database.

We are an ISP in the UK and have 100's of unhappy SureSignal users who are ready to throw their SureSignals out the window and cancel their contracts with Vodafone if this issue is not resolved.

Please can you contact me to help facilitate getting these users back online.

Contact details are;

Martyn Boswell or Richard Allison (Tech)

(Removed for security)

77 REPLIES 77

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi LNC-Martyn

Thanks for your post here.

If you can provide the IP ranges I’ll be happy to check them and then request the block removal.

Thanks

Wayne

31.25.0.0/21
176.62.208/21
37.72.112.0/21

Thank you.

Hi LNC-Martyn,

We'll be happy to get these checked for you, but can you just reconfirm the second for me as it appears to be missing a piece.

I'm guessing it should be 176.62.208.0/21 but want to make sure.

Dave

Yes Dave that is correct .0/24, please update me when these changes are active, much appreciated and thanks.

Hi LNC-Martyn,

Thanks for the update here.

I have checked the IP ranges for you and can see that the first 2 are already on the white list however the 3rd isn’t.

Unfortunately at the moment the 3rd IP isn’t showing as registered to the UK on the lookup tool that we use and until this is showing as from theUnited Kingdom.

James

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have requested an geolocation update on that particular subnet, although if you perform a IP WHOIS lookup you will see it is registered in the UK.

Please can you check and confirm the first two subnets are actually in your system under a /21 and not something less, thanks.

IP Info updated, please add us to you whitelist you can see from the following the IP subnet is registered in the UK (GB) could you also check the other subnets are actually /21 please.

% Information related to '37.72.112.0 - 37.72.112.127'

inetnum:         37.72.112.0 - 37.72.112.127
netname:         DARLEY-NYNET
descr:           Darley Community Access
admin-c:         AT7184-RIPE
tech-c:          AT7184-RIPE
mnt-by:          *********
mnt-lower:       ********
source:          RIPE # Filtered

person:        ********
address:        NYnet Ltd, Douris House, Roecliffe Business Centre, Roecliffe, Boroughbridge. YO51 9NE
phone:          +44 (0)1423 323961
e-mail:         ******************
nic-hdl:        AT7184-RIPE
mnt-by:         *********
source:         RIPE # Filtered

% Information related to '37.72.112.0/21AS8613'

route:           37.72.112.0/21
descr:           UK-NYNET-LTD
origin:          AS8613
mnt-by:          ICMNETSERV-MNT
source:          RIPE # Filtered

Hey LNC-Martyn,

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I have double checked for you and the first two ranges are definitely on the whitelist. I have also requested for the third range to be added.

Cheers,

Lee

Thanks Lee, can you confirm when this will/is active?