Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

ISP whitelist request

pcmanning
4: Newbie

Hi there

ive just registered with a new Ifor which I expect will be new to your white lists?  The ISP is spectrum Internet and they provide the service for a rural broadband project call gower broadband.  The IP I've been given is on the 188.164.224.0 subnet.  A Whois search give this info

http://route.robtex.com/188.164.224.0-21---dummy-description-for-188-164-224-0-21as48294.html

which seems to correlate

can you add this to you whitelist please?

thanks

paul

7 REPLIES 7

pcmanning
4: Newbie

Bump - have tried to raise this through "Custoimer Service" with no joy at all - call centre populated by idoits!

Paul

Tweeted about poor customer response, had a tweet saying  someone would look at this thread - here's hoping!

Hi pcmanning,

Sorry we didn't get to you sooner - we work everything in order so sometimes it can takle just a little longer.

I've requested that to be added to the whitelist for you.

Dave

Ok - look forward to testing later!

Paul

Rebooted suresignal this evening.  Red light, two flashing white lights for a bit, then just a steady red light.  Same as ever, how long is this going to take, I've been without a suresignal for a week now!

paul

Hi Paul, 

Dave requested that your IP is added to the whitelist yesterday at 12pm, it can take up to 48 hours for this to be actioned.

Once we got confirmation back we'll update you on here so that you know to reboot.

Paul 

Thanks, but a timescale would have been nice.  Anyway, as noted before, the suresignal is up and running again.  Having investigated the options, we're pretty much committed to vodafone because of this device.  But I do wish it was less cryptic - a web GUI on the box. And some feedback from the vodafone end show what's happening at that end would Usually useful!!