cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

In Use light on SS2 comes on without call being made?

aomega001
4: Newbie

I have a problem in that the in Use light randomly comes on when no calls are being made.

I have three numbers registered to use the suresignal but my wife had one of her work colleages round and when she made a call with her Vodafone account phone the in use light came on, despite the fact that she is not a registered user.

I have noticed since then that the light can come on a stay on for quite some time even though I am the only one in the house and not making a call.

This leeds me to thinking that the sure signal is serving possibly my next door neigbours as well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's worth bearing in mind the Sure Signal will also show the 'In use' light if a registered number is sending/receiving SMS or MMS and will also show 'In use' if the phone is using data (even if the phone Wi-Fi is on, my Note 2 will switch to cellular data if the Wi-Fi performance drops).

I see this light pop on with my VSS when I'm not on a call, nothing to worry about. :smileyhappy:

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi aomega001,

Thanks for posting.

The Sure Signal will only work for the numbers that are registered to it.

Your neighbour could only make use of your Sure Signal if their number was registered to it.

If this isn't the case, it must be a coincidence.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks.

Ian

Thanks Ian for addressing the easy part.

So why is the light coming on then?

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi aomega001,

As Ian said this could just be down to coincidence VSS Factory Reset  

* Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
* Keeping the rest button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
* Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
* The VSS should come online within the hour

It may be worth re-setting the Sure Signal and see if the same thing still happens.

Thanks,

Sukhi

It's worth bearing in mind the Sure Signal will also show the 'In use' light if a registered number is sending/receiving SMS or MMS and will also show 'In use' if the phone is using data (even if the phone Wi-Fi is on, my Note 2 will switch to cellular data if the Wi-Fi performance drops).

I see this light pop on with my VSS when I'm not on a call, nothing to worry about. :smileyhappy:

Thank you Yorkshireriffer at least someone can give a straight answer instead of "Have you reset the device" shame on you Vodafone.

Why is resetting a device always the answer unless you are following a script which most techies do nowadays.

In my 19 years experience in building PC's resetting a device is very seldom the correct way to deal with a problem as 9 times out of ten the fault WILL occur again and again.