Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming calls intermittently blocked to iphone

bargain1979
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi - i have an iphone 4S and a VSS v2 (serial 40111324451).  If I haven't had a call for some time, the first attempt that someone tries calling, they get one ring then a busy tone.  If they try again straight after, it gets through.  Searched forums and can only see problems where people can't get ANY inbound calls whatsoever.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

all sorted now thanks - my son had unknowingly turned on the "do not disturb" function on the iphone which rejects the first call but allows subsequent attempts in then next 3 mins...seems a rather bizarre feature to me!  i then got vodafone to resync the VSS so we are all good now. thanks all

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Sounds to me as though the VSS or iPhone is not able to make the connection after a prolonged period of inactivity.

Do you have any other handsets connected to the VSS? Are they working OK?

also got my corporate blackberry which is vodafone - will give that a blast tonight and let you know. thanks for the prompt response

Nabs

I vaguely remember something similar happening a while ago but can't remember if it was a VSS issue or a specific iPhone issue.

Let us know how you get on

Nabs

just got home and tried with blackberry - no issues whatsoever. then tried iphone - busy tone straight away on 1st attempt, then successful on 2nd attempt :Sad_face:

Nabs

Hate to say it but points towards and iPhone issue. 

As you have already posted your serial number I would sit tight for one of the eForum team who will be able to check your VSS is using the latest software.
It would also be worth checking for any updates to your iPhone that may resolve the issue

Nabs

yeah thanks - certainly pointing to something like that - iphone on very latest OS, don't know about VSS :Sad_face:  Can't believe i am the only one with this issue.  Also worth noting that the issue has been there on previous iphone OS for me too, so not related to the latest version

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi bargain1979,

It may be an issue with the registration of the number to the Sure Signal rather than the phone itself.

Are you able to try swapping the SIM cards between the phones? If so, does the issue follow the SIM or the handset?

If it follows the SIM or you're unable to try this, I'd re-register the number on the Sure Signal.

If it's the owner number, you'll need to transfer ownership to another number first.

Once you've done that:

- Remove the iPhone number

- Wait approximately 30 minutes

- Re-register the iPhone to the Sure Signal.

If you're unable to change the ownership:

- De-register the Sure Signal

- Wait approximately 30 minutes

- Re-register the Sure Signal.

If the issue follows the phone, try holding Power and Home down on the iPhone until the Apple logo appears.

Dave

all sorted now thanks - my son had unknowingly turned on the "do not disturb" function on the iphone which rejects the first call but allows subsequent attempts in then next 3 mins...seems a rather bizarre feature to me!  i then got vodafone to resync the VSS so we are all good now. thanks all