Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Intermittent service and new postcode request

kateb17
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I've been having trouble with my SureSignal box for about 3 weeks now, previously it has been working well since January 2012.

The service is intermittent - usually I find that the box (new version) shows two flashing lights with a steady power light. If I reset it, the service usually comes back OK but then drops again in an hour or so. Sometimes the box just shows a steady power light and nothing else - again resetting usually works but then drops after a period of time. 

I have tried restarting the router a couple of times but have not changed any router settings as it worked well up to December. Router is BT HomeHub 3. BT Broadband service seems fine, although there were some problems early in December with poor quality service - current upload speed approx 6.2Mbps, download 0.35Mbps.

Also don't know if it is a coincidence but since Dec 25th have been receiving occasional text messages from Vodafone saying that I need to update the postcode location of my Sure Signal. We haven't moved. I have edited my account details once to reconfirm the postcode but had another message about this today.

Thanks for your help.

7 REPLIES 7

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi kateb17,

To be honest the issue could be linked to a problem with the location profile of the Sure Signal which has been caused by an update (behind the scenes) by your internet provider.

So that we can take a look at this for you please can you let me know your Sure Signal serial number?

James

Sure, its 40113807677.

Thanks again

Kate

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi kateb17,  

I’ve checked our systems and can see that your Sure Signal (VSS) connected with our servers in the early hours of this morning.

So that we can be sure your VSS is as up-to-date as possible, I’ve just forced a resync for you. To make sure the resync completes, can you perform a factory reset:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi,

I reset as above and after a while got a signal again, but it died an hour or so later. Reset again and the same thing happened.

Please advise what next?

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there kateb17,

Thanks for your post.

I can see your VSS connected with our servers again this morning at 01:11.

If the issue is still occurring, please can I ask that you try the VSS on another connection such as at a friend or relative's house and let me know if the connection behaves in the same way?

Cheers,

LeeH

Hi there,

I connected the Sure Signal at a friends house over the weekend (Saturday) and had a similar response from the box - ie solid power signal and then two flashing lights whilst it connected and set up, then a single light showing a good connection, then shortly afterwards just the power light and no connection.

Thanks again

Kate 

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi kateb17,

The box shows as reconnecting to the servers late on Saturday, but if the same thing was happening on multiple connections, follow the steps in my PM and we'll take a closer look.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Dave