Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet light flashing intermittently or not at all

dayvtee
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

My v.3 sure signal device worked fine for 2 months but recently decided to stop working.  The power light is still on but the internet light either flashes intermittenly or not at all.  My broadband service does not appear to be deteriorating as I am still able to stream video as needed.  If I need to check anything on my computer, I am using a MAC powerbook, OS X v 10.8.5.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi James,

I stand corrected!  The device is now working.  It took a couple of hours after the reset but it's working. Thanks very much for your help.

David

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

Thanks

James

Hi James, thank you for your reply.

Speed test:

Download Speed: 6.25 Mbps

Upload Spped: 0.37 Mbps

Ping test:

Ping: 62 ms

Jitter: 7 ms

Packet Loss: unable to test

IP Address: 31.185.240.161

IPV6 Address: ::ffff:1fb9:f0a1

Sure signal serial number: 40132338571

Hi dayvtee,

Everything looks fine with the setup but I can see it’s not connected to the server in a few days.

I’ve forced a re-sync for you but if this doesn’t resolve the issue, please try a reset and let me know how you get on.

Reset your Sure Signal:

-Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.

-Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.

-Once the lights come back on, release the button.

James

Hi James,

I'm afraid that didn't help.  I tried the reset button but after holding it down for over a minute, nothing changed (i.e. the internet light continued to flash slowly).  I also tried powerig off the device and then resetting it as it powered up but that hasn't done anything either.  Any other suggestions?  Could it have anything to do with my ISP which is Plusnet? - David

Hi James,

I stand corrected!  The device is now working.  It took a couple of hours after the reset but it's working. Thanks very much for your help.

David