Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 4s and Sure Signal

ZoeWillmott
1: Seeker

Can you help please?  I picked up my new Ipnoe 4s today but it will not work with my sure signal. We have 3 other phones that are connected okay but this one fails to do so.  I have tried to: restart the sure signal, De-regisered and re-registered the ss, turned phone to airplane mode and back and on and off a few times. Also removed the new mobile number and added it again. All to no avail. Please can you re-sync our ss so that it works like other people. the serial number is 21230514339. Many thanks in advance.

33 REPLIES 33

Hi RomeoJuliet,

Thanks for your post.

I have taken a look at the Sure Signal registration and can see that it did update late last night on the server so we know that it is definitely working.

When you put the phone into aeroplane mode, how long did you leave it in this mode as it is recommended to leave it in this state for 30 seconds to make sure that all data connections have definitely stopped,

In the meantime, I have also re-synced the Sure Signal as requested to see if this gives it the kick it need to pick up the iPhone 4S.

James

Thanks James. Unfortunately, this didn't help. I've now switched to the iPhone 5 (so guarantee no previous data connections!) but still, no 3G (in fact, I get barely any signal at all, or simply no service).

The other number still has full strength signal.

More help would be deeply appreciated!

Mike.

Hi RomeoJuliet,

Thanks for your reply.

I have forced another resync for you. Please factory reset the VSS for me.

• Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights come back on or flash, release the reset button
  • The VSS should come online within the hour

Please could you also confirm that 3G is enabled on the handset?

Will the handset pick up 3G when you're not in range of the VSS?

Could you temporarily ask your wife to be the owner of the VSS using the VSS dashboard in MY Account? Once this is done, she will need to remove your number and then re-add it about an hour later.

You can then transfer ownership back to your number if you so wish.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

LeeH

Hi

a kind guy at Vodafone tech kindly added my partners no to our vss and she had the text. My iPhone 5 works fine but cannot connect her 4s. Please can you help to solve this problem. Serial no is 40122929298

Help appreciated 

gary 

Hi LeeH

OK, thanks for the suggestions, I'll try this tonight.

Yes, 3G is enabled on the iPhone, and yes, it picks up 3G almost everywhere except where I live! :smileywink:

Regards

Mike.

Hello again LeeH

Sorry, a follow-up question: I just looked, and can't see how to make another person the owner. There's an option to make them an Administrator; do I need to do that first, in order to reveal an option to change ownership?

It would be great if you could list out the steps.

Thanks again

Mike.

Hi LeeH

Sorry, please ignore that, I figured it out. I'll let you know how it goes.

Mike.

Hi

My husband has a new iPhone 4s and new number I finally spoke to somebody who was able to add his new number to the sure signal but he still gets no service at home. I have checked my iPhone 4s and we have the same settings. Please help how can we get his to work? Re sync needed? It's SS serial no 21196946897 if anyone can help.

Thanks
Jayne

Hi Guys,

Sorry about the delay in responding on this thread however please see your replies below.

@ zallzed, I have re-synced your Sure Signal today please can you perform a factory reset on the Sure Signal as outlined in Lee’s Post above yours.

@ RomeoJulliet, I’m glad to see you have figured this out, please keep us updated with any updates.

@ jaynehaddo, I have re-synced your Sure Signal as requested, please can you also follow the instruction in Lee’s post and perform a reset.

Once done please let me know how you get on.

James

Hi

I've reset the SS 3 times now today. I've removed hubbys no from the SS, left it an hour then readded it, still no difference. 3G is enabled but it never appears on his phone while we're at home. It does on mine sometimes but not always. I show full strength his varies between 1 and 2 blocks. I have the phones next to each other in front of the SS and mines working  but his doesn't seem to be going through SS.

What else can I do?

Jayne