Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 4s and Sure Signal

ZoeWillmott
1: Seeker

Can you help please?  I picked up my new Ipnoe 4s today but it will not work with my sure signal. We have 3 other phones that are connected okay but this one fails to do so.  I have tried to: restart the sure signal, De-regisered and re-registered the ss, turned phone to airplane mode and back and on and off a few times. Also removed the new mobile number and added it again. All to no avail. Please can you re-sync our ss so that it works like other people. the serial number is 21230514339. Many thanks in advance.

33 REPLIES 33

Hi jaynehaddo,

Thanks for getting back to me here.

I have taken a look at the registration for you and everything looks fine as it did update last night after your post.

Just for a quick test, can I ask for you both to disable all data connections and restart the phones to see if this connects to the Sur signal as we need to ascertain if the issue is with the phone connecting due to active data connections or an issue with the Sure Signal itself.

James

Hi

To ask a silly question - what do you mean by all data connections?

I should probably know shouldn't I?

Thanks
Jayne

I did reply earlier in the week but the response seems to have disappeared. Unfortunately there's been absolutely no change, having done all that LeeH suggested.

This is history repeating itself. My first experience with VSS was with the mark I device in 2010; as now I spent ages,with different handsets, trying to get it to work, all to no avail... In the end I threw it away.

I am so disappointed by all of this. Judging by the volume of correspondence on this forum, and my own experiences with different versions and different mobile devices, the concept is badly flawed.

Is there any way of escalating this issue to another level? 

Yours in frustration

Mike.

Hi LeeH

I followed all your suggestions on Friday night/Sat morning, but nothing has changed.

One thing I have noticed (both before and after Friday night) is that when I wake my iPhone up from standby, I sometimes very briefly get 3G - sub one-second - then it falls away again down to two to four bars with no data, not even Edge. Simultaneously, the Phone light comes on on the vss, and stays on for a while (regardless of whether I actually make a call/use the phone).

Any more suggestions?

Thanks

Mike.

I've got another query as well now. I upgraded my 4S to iOS6 and now struggle at home to get on the Internet through my wifi. Sometimes it stops working totally and others swaps to 3G. Could this be linked?

Thanks Jayne

Hi guys,

RomeoJuliet - This is unusual. I've checked with the rest of the team and we've not seen what you're describing before.

I did notice that there hasn't been a resync since the number was removed and re-added, so I've done another one to check that change picked up. Can you run another Factory reset for me?

If the issue persists, can you also cut all the data connections (see my response to jaynehaddo below) for me to ensure there's nothing that side getting in the way for me?

--------------------------------------------------

jaynehaddo - Cutting all data connections can be achieved by going to the settings menu and switching off mobile data (under General > Network) and Wi-Fi.

I can also see that you have removed and re-added the number since the last resync, so I've done another one to ensure that the box picks up the current settings. Once again, can you do a hard reset to complete this?

With regards to the Wi-Fi connectivity, can you try the steps listed in my post here for me ad let me know if they help? It won't be linked to the Sure Signal, but I'd like to try and sort that as well.

--------------------------------------------------

Let us know how you both get on.

Dave

Hi Dave

I've tried everything you have suggested resetting the SS, turning data connections off on both phones, turning wi-fi off and nothing. My phone still works OK (apart from internet connection see below) but hubbys goes from no service to 1 signal block occasionally 2 signal blocks. We never had this problem with his old 3GS.

On the wifi slow connection unless I am sat right in front of my broadband router it is incredibly slow. It is quicker on 3G but while at home I'd rather use the wifi I tried all your suggestions on the other thread and no change.

My SS and broadband router (BT Fusion) are on the same window sill, so very close together. Would this make any difference? 

Is there anyway I can uninstall iOS6? it's awful. I've searched but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do it.

What can I try now then please?

thanks

Jayne (ready to chuck the whole lot in the bin now!)

@jaynehaddo wrote:

Is there anyway I can uninstall iOS6? it's awful. I've searched but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do it.

Hi Jayne

It's not easy, but it is doable. There's a guide at http://www.stuff.tv/news/apple-news/how-to/how-to-get-google-maps-back-onto-your-iphone.

Regards

Mike.

Thanks Mike. I'll have a look later. Though my wifi issue on my phone seems to be intermittent now. We seem to have similar problems connecting a phone to SS. Annoying isn't it when you can't use the phone at home.

Jayne

Hi guys,

jaynehaddo - The proximity of the devices can cause interference, so can you try moving them further apart for me in case that is having more of an impact on one device than the other?

------------------------------------------

RomeoJuliet - Your post from Monday is on the previous page. Is that the one you mean?

Can you confirm for me if you've managed to try my suggestions from my last post?

Dave