Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 5 - persistent problem with SureSignal

Buckham
4: Newbie

Help wanted please.

I've ready all the posts on this common problem, but none of them are working for me.

I've tried the hard reset.

I've tried transferring Sure Signal ownership to a new owner and then back again.

I've re-booted the iphone.

I've waited patiently for the Sure Signal to update itself.

This has been going on for two months now and I can't see any other options listed.

i

The Sure Signal number is 21196982876 and s working fine with my wife's iphone 4.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Buckham,

Fantastic news! 

Changing the router will mean a new IP is assigned. This will have caused the location move to have been detected.

Would you mind filling in this short survey for me?

Cheers,

LeeH

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt

Speed Test: 6.46 Mbpsdown and 0.62 Mbps up

Ping: 39ms wit h2ms jitter

IP Address: 212.139.253.203

TraceRoute: Attached as a prntscrn jpeg. It timed out twice at the same point - when it reaches IP address 85.205.116.14 which is step 8.

Hope this information is helpful to achieving a resolution.

Thanks

Chris

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Good Morning Buckham, 

Thanks for coming back to us with the information; from what you have supplied everything looks absolutely fine so it's strange you are having this issue. 

Can you let me know if you have access to another Sure Signal (either through a family or friend) and whether you are able to connect to it without any issues? 

As soon as we know this we'll be in a better position to provide a resolution. 

Best Wishes, 

Kay

Hi David,

I know this isn't the correct thread but I noticed your reply regarding the 7 days cooling off period refreshing if you have to have your phone replaced and wondered if you could reconfirm this.

I had to get my iPhone 5 replaced yesterday as the signal was very poor but they told me on the store that my 7 days ends yesterday too and doesn't start again. My replacement phone is still not giving me enough signal its constantly one 1 bar or none and 3G is worse than useless. I live and work in London so the coverage isn't a problem.

Can you please help?

Thanks

Christiana Offer-Readman

Hi there christianaoffer

Please could you remove your mobile phone number from the post - this is a forum where all posts are public so anyone could have access to your personal info.  You can edit it by clicking on Post Options on the top right of the post and then selecting Edit Reply

PWIAC

Hi Christianaoffer

You have already posted around this and it can be found here

Please do not post this multiple times across multiple threads as this is against the eForum Terms and Conditions something you agreed upon when joining.

As soon as an advisor is available they will be along to help :Smiling:

Thanks
Matt

Hi Kay

I had to leave sorting this out until after Christmas.

Unfortunately I don't have access to another suresignal, and the problem remains the same. iphone 4 connects perfectly; iphone 5 won't work.

So help still needed! I'm sure there must be a solution given that others on the Forum seem to have got it sorted.

Thanks

Chris

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there Buckham,

Thanks for coming back to us. I'm sorry this is yet to be resolved.

I've taken another look into the VSS profile and there was a location change that had been detected. I've updated the location profile for you and forced a resync. I'm aware you've previously done a factory reset (possibly more than once) but would appreciate it if you could do it again for me.

Cheers,

LeeH

Hi Lee

Whatever you did has done the trick - without the need for a hardware reset. 

I'm not sure what caused the location change, as the SS hasn't moved, but I did swap out the router a few days ago and the change message appeared after that.

I'll monitor for 48 hours and then post again. Fingers crossed!

Chris