Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Issues with DHCP and Cisco ASA Firewall

sparky2014
2: Seeker

I seem to be having issues with x2 Suresignal devices (version 3) picking up DHCP from our ASA 5510 firewall (this is for a client of ours)

The network configuration is correct and if i plug a laptop/pc into the switchport it picks up a DHCP lease from the specified pool.

We have a pool, we 2 IPs (as we have 2 sure signal devices), basic config.

However i also recall having this issue with my own suresignal at home (it would not pick up a lease from my cisco 2811, however it would from a Belkin wireless access point)

Is this a known issue? looking around on the boards they look abit flakey with cisco kit.

The ASA image is "disk0:/asa825-k8.bin"

Performing realtime monitor of the interface connecting to the subnet the suresignal is on, i dont even see a DHCP discovery hitting the firewall..

However if you move the suresignal onto another subnet/network it picks up DHCP from a windows server (although this was alittle hit and miss)

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sparky2014

It looks like the DHCP was down to the hardcoding the duplex and speed on the switchport of the suresignal(s) (even though the interface and line protocol came up)

Once removed the suresignal was able to acquire a DHCP lease (every odd as it negioated full\100)

I also found the Suresignal guide i had didnt include the lastest clusters in which the suresignals were tying to talk to)

cluster12.vap.vodafone.co.uk - 88.82.13.177, 88.82.13.178 & 88.82.13.179 -

cluster14.vap.vodafone.co.uk - 88.82.13.169, 88.82.13.170 & 88.82.13.171 

Anyways just thought i would mention incase it helps anyone else out

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi sparky2014,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below including the following information:

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Matt B

sparky2014

It looks like the DHCP was down to the hardcoding the duplex and speed on the switchport of the suresignal(s) (even though the interface and line protocol came up)

Once removed the suresignal was able to acquire a DHCP lease (every odd as it negioated full\100)

I also found the Suresignal guide i had didnt include the lastest clusters in which the suresignals were tying to talk to)

cluster12.vap.vodafone.co.uk - 88.82.13.177, 88.82.13.178 & 88.82.13.179 -

cluster14.vap.vodafone.co.uk - 88.82.13.169, 88.82.13.170 & 88.82.13.171 

Anyways just thought i would mention incase it helps anyone else out