Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Just changed my phone

mbames
13: Advanced Member

Just changed my phone which was registered as the master number against my suresignal.

Now my new phone powers up and sees the Vodafone network (I guess via the Suresignal), but won't make any calls, etc.  How do I get my phone to register against the suresignal for connectivity?

For what its worth, I am using an unlocked Ascend W1 (previously I was using an HTC Trophy 7)

Thanks,

Matt

6 REPLIES 6

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:
Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

LeeH

mbames

Not 100% sure the problem is with the suresignal as I turned it off, and then powered the phone off and back on again and now the phone simply says "no service".

Do I have to wait for the vodafone network to catch up with the fact that I am now using a different device with my SIM in it?

I have tried to manually select the network to Vodafone UK, and after about 30 seconds the phone then reports "no network found"

mbames

I just tried sticking the vodafone sim from my work phone into the W1 and that worked fine.  I have had this sim for the last 10+ years, so is it possible that the sim is just rubbish and won't work my latest phone?

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mbames,

10 years on one SIM card? Wow :smileysurprised:

I’d normally recommend that you change your SIM every 18 – 24 months so I think it’s long overdue for a swap!

The quickest way of doing this is to pop to a Vodafone store for a free of charge replacement. They’ll get you up and running as well.

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks

Andrew

mbames

Right, popped into town and picked up a new sim.  Popped that into the phone and the phone is working great, but it isn't connecting to the Suresignal.

Other mobiles in the house are, so how do I get my new sim (with my old number) to connect up?

Thanks,

Matt

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mbames,

What's your VSS serial number so we can do a resync?

Cheers,

LeeH