Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

KA3 - signal loss

HaloScotgal
3: Seeker
According to network checker there are no problems in the area (KA3 1PU) however my husband and I have constantly lost our signal over last 5 hours despite having a Sure Signal box in the house. No issues with landline/broadband before this is suggested!!

I'm currently 39 weeks pregnant (and my husband works a number of shift patterns) so it is essential husband and I have a mobile signal for immediate communication (my mobile number is listed as my primary contact number with all my healthcare providers etc).
The issue may be wider than our immediate postcode but I haven't been out during the night to check!

Looking for an urgent response/resolution to this issue!!!
6 REPLIES 6

HaloScotgal
SureSignal box stopped working last night and this is apparently a known issue between BT and Vodafone. Not good enough after paying £100 for the box so husband and I can use our £42/month (each) contracts!! Come on Vodafone - get it sorted!!!

reset im East Kilbride and been the same, now working 23.00 sun night.

HaloScotgal
Simon,

Believe me I tried troubleshooting steps before I posted here - in the dim and distant past I worked for Vodafone so anytime I experience network problems I try the usual steps of manually roaming phone (to EE usually as it operates on a different bandwidth frequency) then reselecting Vodafone so network refreshes, trying sim in a different handset and trying different sim in my handset. Given it didn't just affect me (and that I got a signal after leaving immediate vicinity) I knew it was neither my handset or sim anyway but still went through the rigmarole for completeness.

I tried resetting the Sure Signal box 3 times over the weekend - have only managed to get a signal in house again after husband unplugged it for a period and updated all it's settings with BT and our homehub, even then it took a good 10 hours to get a consistent signal (and it's still not a full 3G signal by the way but I'm just so thankful for having any permanent signal at home I could have kissed the ground during the night when I saw phone actually had service!).

I find it pretty shocking that there was such an issue and that it was only resolved by our own perseverance and efforts - as mentioned previously the service provided is not cheap (2 24month contracts of £42 per month) nor was the box (£100) and we should have been able to expect a basic signal if not 3G without the SureSignal box.

Not a good experience at any time and especially not when only a few days from giving birth to first child and requiring the reassurance of a reliable mobile phone service!!

Sharon

**i note that tech team reply dated as today at 09:19 is no longer showing so I hope this now makes sense**

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @HaloScotgal,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Jenny

HaloScotgal
Jenny,

Interestingly enough your troubleshooting thread doesn't show a picture of my light sequence. I have the newest model Sure Signal and the lights show as solid white, solid white then nothing for the "in use".

I currently have a 3G signal with 3 bars which will need to do for the moment as husband is working night shift (hence why I need the mobile service to work!!) and in my state I don't have the inclination to start mucking about running traces to provide all that data - not stress I need at this time!! I will ask him to check tomorrow when he is home as he obviously has experienced the same issue (and still doesn't have a full signal). Just to be clear before we waste time on this do you want the speed test result etc using wifi or 3G? Or from a wired pc?

Sharon

Hi HaloScotgal,

You can run the Traceroute from either the wired PC or WiFi.

Once you’ve got the results, we can look further into this for you.

Thanks,

Sarah