cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Keep getting text to update sure signal postcode, why?

rackstraw2006
4: Newbie

I am still in my same house with the same postcode on the same number but over the last 12 days, I keep getting a text message tell me to up date my sure signal postcode. 

I Have updated this a few times now but giving up.

I migrated broadband to another supplier about the same time it started but still using the old router.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

Myrm
16: Advanced member

Did you migrate to BT Infinity perchance?

Myrm
----------
DERMY BUD

No No, still on adsl up to 8Mbps. Just moved from BT to Plus.net)

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Infnity or otherwise is not the problem in itself. If you change broadband suppliers or even just the router, that makes the Vodafone Sure Signal system think you've moved.

You need to log on to your online account and put in the postcode again, even if it is the same one that was there before. That should stop the reminders. If they continue, as happened to me, the eforum team can do something in the back office to make sure that the records are up to date.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

rackstraw2006
4: Newbie
Well logged in yesterday and set it again but woke up to a text. I have not change the router or anything else just moved providers.

Will see if goes again over the weekend.

drey_p

Remember, that often when you change providers, their systems will spend a week or 2 automatically adjusting the speed you are connecting at so that you get the best combination of speed and stability.  This can often mean that your router disconnects and each time it reconnects you will get assigned a new IP address.  Every time that changes, your SureSignal will prompt you to confirm the postcode.as a different IP address can show as a different area.

PWIAC