Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Leaving Vodafone, but partner needs Suresignal

lordgoata
4: Newbie

Hi all,

Looks like I will unfortunately be leaving Vodafone soon, and I wonder where I stand with my SureSignal. Its currently attached to my account, which will obviously be closed. My partner is also with Vodafone, and the signal at home is zero, hence the SureSignal, so we need to keep it, and to keep it running for her to have access.

Whats the best thing to do ? Do I need to transfer it to her account somehow ? She is (for reasons unknown to us both) on a buisness account - will that cause complications ?

Any advice welcome, I had a quick search but couldn't find anything of much help.

15 REPLIES 15

stuartmitch
4: Newbie

Hi lordgoata,

I am facing a similar problem... I used to have my Sure Signal registered to my number but then I ported my number from a personal account to a business account so I had to transfer it over to my son's account.  He has now ported over to 3 (you can't beat the offer of unlimited data, right?) so the only Vodafone account left in the house (apart from my business number) is my wife's Pay As You Go.  

Trouble is that I can't seem to transfer the Sure Signal from my son's postpaid to my wife's prepaid account... which is what brought me back here today.

I have spent a couple of hours(!) on hold to customer support trying to resolve this but no joy (more accurately, no picking up my call!) yet.

So, no help... other than a suggestion that a PAYG SIM might fix your problem.

Hope this helps?

Same sort of problem here. I left Vodafone and very soon after rejoined. However my sure signal box is linked to the old account. 

Is there away I can use my sure signal bx with a new account?

Alex

Well... I have news.

I *finally* got through to Customer Care.  I was only on hold for 40 mins this time (so that's 100 mins of my life that Vodafone owe me back) but got through.

The first agent I spoke to told me that my number didn't have an online account registered.  That was odd as I was looking at my online account while I was on the phone to him.

The second agent I spoke had "restricted access to my account" (no idea why) so couldn't help either... other than to tell me that I should have de-registered the Sure Signal from my old account and re-registered it on my new one.  When I told her that this is what I had done (actually I chose the transfer option) she was baffled.

I have been referred to the "right team" and am now awaiting a call back.

So... Alex... ideally you should have de-registered (or transferred) the box before you shut down the old account. If you didn't do that you are due a lengthy spell on the phone to customer care I'm afraid.

Thanks for the update. 

Alex

Ditto, thanks for your input guys. Now I know its de/re-registerable and/or transferable that gives me some hope, although I am sure having a business account will be a total bloody nightmare, like everything else she has tried to do... the PAYG option might be a plan though 🙂

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi lordgoata,

Firstly, many thanks to stuartmitch for the information he’s provided. Does your partner have a separate online account to yours? If so, it’s a simple process of deregistering the Sure Signal via your My Vodafone, and then setting it up again on your partners account.

Let us know how you go on.

Hi stuartmitch,

Let us know how you go on and whether we can assist at all.

Hi camperdown9,

We can certainly look into deregistering your Sure Signal from your old account and set it up against your new one. To allow us to do so, I’ve just sent you a PM.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can’t access this link, please ensure that the box next to “Turn on private messages” is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

If you can follow the details in the PM, we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.

Thanks

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, yes she has a separate online account (whether she can login is another issue...), so I will look into that.

And thanks again to the others, most appreciated!

Hi Andrew,

I really am not going to ignore any offer of help...  :Smiling:

My Sure Signal is currently sitting looking like this.  I think if you could manually de-register it, I could re-register it and get going again.  Is that possible?

PM me if you want serial #, postcode, MSISDN etc.

Thanks.

I need one deregistering too from a no longer vf customer to add on to my account to put at my girlfriends address who do I need to call