You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
sphornby

Re: Sure Signal - Light 1 On, Light 2 Flashing

DerekPapworth, I have tried Firebind and tested multiple ports which I know to be blocked and it still comes back as them being open. Nothing Ive tried comes back as being blocked, so is this site a reliable test to a ports status?

I find portforward.com's a ton more reliable.
Message 81 of 449 (13,708 Views)
GerryF

Had the VSS for a few months now and other than the "Garbled First Call" issue the box had been working fine untill yesterday 10th December.

As ever looking through the forum shows a lot of others with the same issue and a lack of constructive feedback from Vodafone.

On checking if any developments had been made in resolving the "Garbled First Call" issue I found the following post. 

Vodafone Sure Signal - First Call Garbled

As part of our regular maintenance program, we're working on a software release to address this issue. The software update will be phased in from 10th December and this process is scheduled for completion before Christmas.
Customers will need to leave their device switched on overnight in order to receive the software update.
Thanks
DavidL
eForum Team

Does this software release have anything to do with the "Light 1 On, Light 2 Flashing" issue or is it just a coincidence that, for a lot of us, they started on the same date.

Message 82 of 449 (13,708 Views)
swickes

I am new to Sure Signal. I have been trying to get it working for 3 days without success.

I have registered my Sure Signal - and received a text notification of being registered. I can see the Sure Signal is registered when I log in to Vodafone's web site.

I have opened the ports on my router as requested - including port 8.

I have rebooted, soft and hard reset my router and my Sure Signal.

I have waited over 24 hours.

I still have my power light on and my "@" light flashing slowly.

I have a Thompson TG585n O2 router, with more than enough broadband speed. I have no internet connection problems. I have followed all the instructions on PortForward.com.

I contacted Vodafone two days ago and received an email saying they would contact me back within 24 hours - which they haven't.

Please help me before I am forced to send back my Sure Signal with a letter of complaint and demand a refund!

I appreciate any help anyone can give me in advance.

Message 83 of 449 (13,686 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
Digicom

Any chance of sombody at vodafone at least replying in this thread today to at least update us or explain what the hell is going on as i am fed up replying and not even getting a reply!

Message 84 of 449 (13,671 Views)
webdoc

My suresignal is still working this morning. The only thing I did was a factory reset at 8pm and it was working again at 11.30pm. I held reset button in for few seconds until all lights lit, whilst still holding the button in unplug power then plug back in, keep holding reset button in until all lights have flashed then release. Hope this works for you.

Message 85 of 449 (13,668 Views)
Digicom

cheers webdoc but i have already done master reset b8t 100 times already this week

Press and hold reset button for 40 seconds

Remove the power cable  (whilst still holding in the reset button)

Then replace the power cable (after about 35 seconds)

Then release the reset button

Every time i still end up with  Light 1 On, Light 2 Flashing and thjs will continue untill vodafone sort this problem out!

Message 86 of 449 (13,665 Views)
afroboy70

After nearly a week of no sure signal connection, it has decided to switch itself back on as of an hour ago.

Again, No local change my end... just waited. It has to be a vodafone issue.

Seriously though, a week of no service and constantly being told over the phone by Voda CS that theres no reported issues is not only patronising, but also a huge waste of time. 

Fingers crossed the VSS will stay up now, but there is no guarantee!!!!

Will report back if anything changes.

Message 87 of 449 (13,655 Views)
anrise

[ Edited ]

Just to give some hope, Mine came back alive and connected late last night after four days of disconnect and is still on now, and it's working fine, why would it just go of for four days then just come back on without any changes made on my end? Vodafone it would be nice get some explanation, and maybe be a little less quick to blame the customers next time, hopefully there won't be a next time. 

Message 88 of 449 (13,651 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
BenJ

Hi Guys

I've passed your  serial numbers  to our support teams and I am currently awaiting an update to see whats happening.

I'm pleased that some of you now have a working service,

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team

Message 89 of 449 (13,618 Views)
Digicom

Much apprciated BenJ

Message 90 of 449 (13,609 Views)
AdrianM

Hi,

Just to let everyone know there is hope...

After a week of no connection the day after my post I was finally reconnected and sure signal is up and running again.

It is frustrating that all the advice from the help desk about routers and ports etc was all red herrings - as I always though as sure signal had worked fine before and nothing had changed.

Hopefully Vodaphone found the glich and everyone else is up and running too. You do need to wait a bit - it took six hours for the connection to register.

Message 91 of 449 (13,601 Views)
siclark

Hi,

I have had the same problem intermittently since I had the Suresignal, but its now been down for 2 days, I suspect the same reason as everyone else.  

I am glad that the hardware issues, port forwarding etc are not the cause, as like others, nothing has changed on my setup and its simply stopped working.

For those that its now back up and working for, did you have to reset it, turn it off again, or did it just suddenly connect?

Fingers crossed the rest of them start working again soon.

Message 92 of 449 (13,598 Views)
rwhitetlc

Mine came back on by itself while I was sleeping last night.

So far seems to be working.

Message 93 of 449 (13,590 Views)
sphornby

Mine is still not working following being resynched by VSS tech support. Solid power light and flashing @ light. Nothing else. Really annoying problem :smileysad:

serial 21230012466
Message 94 of 449 (13,583 Views)
Puddock

Mine has stopped working today -  Ihave had it three months and it hasn;t skipped a beat except for the garbled first call (underwater noise) each day.

This is really frustrating I have to go half a mile from my house now to get a signal.  

Nothing in my setup has changed I have rebooted my router and the sure signal to no avail.  My phones have been rebooted also.

The support from Vodafone is shockingly bad.  Fingers crossed that it might fix itself overnight?

Message 95 of 449 (13,557 Views)
SMabille

Had the flashing led 2 for 48 hours, fixed itself around noon... but never managed to get led 4 up :-(

Now done a reset and back to square one, Led 2 keeps flashing...

Message 96 of 449 (13,537 Views)
Keogh03

*bump

Hello  George & Moderator and any 2nd line technical support

I have the same problem I have spoke to the 2nd line technical support and gone thriough the all checks and the 2 hour check and reset stuff.  But nothing is working I am desperate for this to work as i have no signal without sure signal please get this fixed ASAP.

Please pass on my serial number as a matter of urgency  21196752360

Message 97 of 449 (13,529 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
BenJ

Hi Guys

I can understand your frustration over this issue,  I have passed over examples of this failure and our teams are currently looking into this.

If you are still suffering from this issue,  can you  please try a hard reset and let me know how this turns out so I can feed this back

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team

Message 98 of 449 (13,521 Views)
Keogh03

Hello Ben

When u say hard reset do you mean holding reset button until all buttons light up then unplug from power source whilst still holding in button the replug in and keep bitton pressed yill afurther 20-40 seconds and light go up and down, if that is it then i have done about 4 times and it always go back to one light on and 2nd light flashing. If there is another way to hard reset please tell me.

This is a major problem as more and more people are having this problem it could run into hundrerds of customers. If the engineers say there is nothinng wriong with system to cause this what can we do I am desperate to get my signal back.

Another forum member as said to de-register and then re-register - Would you recommend this,

Hope you my serial number and how biig of a priority is this and can we have some idea of when it will be fixed.

I llok forward to your reply

Message 99 of 449 (13,514 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
BenJ

Hi Keogh03

That is the correct way to  do a hard reset.

I will feed this back for you that you have done this 4 times and still not working

I cant give you a time scale at this moment in time as we still are investigating

Thanks
BenJ

Message 100 of 449 (13,476 Views)