Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Light one on, light two flashing

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with an issue that some people find during setup.

This issue has the following symptoms:

• The power light’s on and light two flashes constantly
  • Light two does not go solid

Troubleshooting steps:

Wait 24 hours.
It can sometimes take up to 24 hours for the Sure Signal to fully register with the server. Before attempting any of the steps below, please wait 24 hours.

Check for planned maintenance.

Planned maintenance can cause periods of downtime, so check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Check that your Sure Signal has registered successfully.
Before your Sure Signal can connect to our network, you need to register it with us.

You’ll receive a text or email to let you know when the registration is complete and your Sure Signal won’t work until you’ve received this message.

To check your Sure Signal is registered, login to your My Vodafone Account and click on the 'My Sure Signal' tab. Your Sure Signal details should be listed, along with the status 'Registered'.

If you’ve not yet registered your Sure Signal, you can do this directly from the My Sure Signal page in your My Vodafone Account .

If you’re a Business customer, please register on our business Sure Signal page.

Manually configure your router to allow port-forwarding.
In most cases, routers support a system called Universal Plug-n-Play (UPnP), which sets up port-forwarding for you automatically. If you’ve got a complicated network setup, or a complex router, you may need to enter these settings manually.

Please see the following for a list of IP addresses and port numbers that need to be forwarded to your Sure Signal's internal IP address. For instructions on how to do this, we recommend you contact your ISP or Router Manufacturer, or refer to the default guide for your particular make and model, over at http://portforward.com.

Destination IP Addresses:

• 212.183.131.128/26

Ports and Protocols:

• 8 – TCP/UDP                 (All routers)
  • 50 – TCP/UDP               (All routers)
  • 53 – TCP/UDP               (Virgin Super Hubs)
  • 67 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                                    
  • 68 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                        
  • 123 – UDP                    (All routers)     
  • 500 – UDP                    (All routers)     
  • 1723 – TCP/UDP           (BT Home Hubs)          
  • 4500 – UDP                   (All routers)     
  • 33434 – 33445 – UDP    (Virgin Super Hubs)

Please note that in the above list of IP addresses, the notation "212.183.131.128/26" means the complete range of IP addresses between 212.183.131.128 and 212.183.131.191

Your router also needs to assign the Sure Signal with a DNS (Domain Name Server) address via DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol).

Post your router/ISP details and Sure Signal serial number.

If you’ve done all of the above, or you’re struggling with configuring your router, please post your router's make and model number below. Please also include your Sure Signal serial number and the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).

We find that other users of the same router will usually be able to share tips with you, to get things working.

We’ll also attempt to help with this, but due to the number of different manufacturers and models, it is not always possible. We don’t officially support any form of router configuration, so we’ll always recommend contacting your router manufacturer or ISP for assistance first.

Thanks,

Jenny

600 REPLIES 600

Had the flashing led 2 for 48 hours, fixed itself around noon... but never managed to get led 4 up 😞

Now done a reset and back to square one, Led 2 keeps flashing...

*bump

Hello  George & Moderator and any 2nd line technical support

I have the same problem I have spoke to the 2nd line technical support and gone thriough the all checks and the 2 hour check and reset stuff.  But nothing is working I am desperate for this to work as i have no signal without sure signal please get this fixed ASAP.

Please pass on my serial number as a matter of urgency  21196752360

Retired-BenJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys

I can understand your frustration over this issue,  I have passed over examples of this failure and our teams are currently looking into this.

If you are still suffering from this issue,  can you  please try a hard reset and let me know how this turns out so I can feed this back

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team

Hello Ben

When u say hard reset do you mean holding reset button until all buttons light up then unplug from power source whilst still holding in button the replug in and keep bitton pressed yill afurther 20-40 seconds and light go up and down, if that is it then i have done about 4 times and it always go back to one light on and 2nd light flashing. If there is another way to hard reset please tell me.

This is a major problem as more and more people are having this problem it could run into hundrerds of customers. If the engineers say there is nothinng wriong with system to cause this what can we do I am desperate to get my signal back.

Another forum member as said to de-register and then re-register - Would you recommend this,

Hope you my serial number and how biig of a priority is this and can we have some idea of when it will be fixed.

I llok forward to your reply

Retired-BenJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Keogh03

That is the correct way to  do a hard reset.

I will feed this back for you that you have done this 4 times and still not working

I cant give you a time scale at this moment in time as we still are investigating

Thanks
BenJ

I have tried the hard reset but no luck. I also deregistered then reregistered a few times earlier today - nothing's working.

Serial number: 21223466208

After days with the lack of a signal I was delighted today when my signal returned (as per my earlier post) BUT although I can send and receive text messages trying to chat is hopeless. Garbled, loss of signal just a waste of time.

Hello

Just a quick update to tell you that I got up this morning and all my lights are now lit, for how long i dont know.

please keep monitiing though in case it goes again

Retired-BenJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys

I'm really glad that your Sure signal boxes are now coming back online

Is any one still having  problems in relation to this issue  can you please let me know so I can feed this back

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team
Vodafone UK

The only problem is Ben that suresignal phone support and second line support were only to quick to blame this problem stating that we should contact are isp as the problem was being caused by them and not by vodafone even after nearly a week of me telling them otherwise.

Maybe it would be a good idea wen you next have a meeting to bring up a important factor that if there happened to be a simaler problem arises again that the suresignal phone support and second line support should not go blaming the problem on the isps and advised customers to ring there isp and basicly sending them on a wild goose chase when the problem was as i fiest said was with vodafone

I fully understand how suresignal device works and operates alot more than some of the telephone support team do