Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Light one on, light two flashing

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with an issue that some people find during setup.

This issue has the following symptoms:

• The power light’s on and light two flashes constantly
  • Light two does not go solid

Troubleshooting steps:

Wait 24 hours.
It can sometimes take up to 24 hours for the Sure Signal to fully register with the server. Before attempting any of the steps below, please wait 24 hours.

Check for planned maintenance.

Planned maintenance can cause periods of downtime, so check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Check that your Sure Signal has registered successfully.
Before your Sure Signal can connect to our network, you need to register it with us.

You’ll receive a text or email to let you know when the registration is complete and your Sure Signal won’t work until you’ve received this message.

To check your Sure Signal is registered, login to your My Vodafone Account and click on the 'My Sure Signal' tab. Your Sure Signal details should be listed, along with the status 'Registered'.

If you’ve not yet registered your Sure Signal, you can do this directly from the My Sure Signal page in your My Vodafone Account .

If you’re a Business customer, please register on our business Sure Signal page.

Manually configure your router to allow port-forwarding.
In most cases, routers support a system called Universal Plug-n-Play (UPnP), which sets up port-forwarding for you automatically. If you’ve got a complicated network setup, or a complex router, you may need to enter these settings manually.

Please see the following for a list of IP addresses and port numbers that need to be forwarded to your Sure Signal's internal IP address. For instructions on how to do this, we recommend you contact your ISP or Router Manufacturer, or refer to the default guide for your particular make and model, over at http://portforward.com.

Destination IP Addresses:

• 212.183.131.128/26

Ports and Protocols:

• 8 – TCP/UDP                 (All routers)
  • 50 – TCP/UDP               (All routers)
  • 53 – TCP/UDP               (Virgin Super Hubs)
  • 67 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                                    
  • 68 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                        
  • 123 – UDP                    (All routers)     
  • 500 – UDP                    (All routers)     
  • 1723 – TCP/UDP           (BT Home Hubs)          
  • 4500 – UDP                   (All routers)     
  • 33434 – 33445 – UDP    (Virgin Super Hubs)

Please note that in the above list of IP addresses, the notation "212.183.131.128/26" means the complete range of IP addresses between 212.183.131.128 and 212.183.131.191

Your router also needs to assign the Sure Signal with a DNS (Domain Name Server) address via DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol).

Post your router/ISP details and Sure Signal serial number.

If you’ve done all of the above, or you’re struggling with configuring your router, please post your router's make and model number below. Please also include your Sure Signal serial number and the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).

We find that other users of the same router will usually be able to share tips with you, to get things working.

We’ll also attempt to help with this, but due to the number of different manufacturers and models, it is not always possible. We don’t officially support any form of router configuration, so we’ll always recommend contacting your router manufacturer or ISP for assistance first.

Thanks,

Jenny

600 REPLIES 600

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

Thank you all for posting. I can confirm that there was an issue that was affecting Sure Signal registrations yesterday, this has now been resolved which is why your Sure Signals are now working :).

jpmcnally, are you still having the same issue adding new users? If so then please check out our Sure Signal Adding Users thread for further troubleshooting. If you're still having issues then please post, in that thread, the exact steps you're taking to try and add new users and I'll be able to look into this further for you.

George

eForum Team

BenJ

I have been suffering from the loss of signal since before christmas now. I have made numerous calls to support and to ISP but I cannot get my sure signal to work with my livebox.

Hard resets - too many times to remember now

Port forwarding tried- even though Orange do not support this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waiting with hammer in hand and about to burn contract for 4 phones if this is not resolved. I cannot get a signal for any of my phones at 3g and will be cancelling all contracts unless I get resolution very soon...................

Hi guys,

bhellyer, a warm welcome to the eForum :). Was your Sure Signal working before christmas? If so then we'll need to look into this further, just reply to the email I've sent you and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.

HelenB, a warm welcome to you, too :). If you're still experiencing issues I'd recommend following the guide for your router on Port Forward.

George

eForum Team

Can I add my SS to the list of those with problems. It has been working perfectly since summer 2009 but stopped working over the last weekend. Stuck on Light 1 steady, light 2 flashing.

Nothing in our network has changed. I am an IT guy with plenty of network experience.

I have of course followed all the troubleshooting suggestions. Still not working.

Internet 6.25Mbps down 0.53Mbps up.

No packet loss on the pathping test.

Vodafone with all due respect, with so many people posting, it would look as though the problem is at your end. I'll wireshark the network here later to see what my system is saying to your system and what the replies are.

Well i've had the network analyser running over night and i can see that the SS at my end has establised a VPN into vodafone, is quite happily exchanging NTP packets and VPN keep Alive packets as well as lots of other data which is obviously encrypted and so i can't see what it says.  It also ocassionally talks to a server at Lucent Technologies.  SS phoning home i guess.

I only have the power light on and the @ light flashing continuously.

So, the link to Vodafone looks good.  Time to have a look at your end please Vodafone.....

Hi arcturus,

Hmm! That definitely does sound like a strange one.  I’ve used wire shark quite a bit, it’s a very good program if not a bit advanced for basic PC users. Are you using this on Linux or Windows? (I’m just asking out of curiosity)

If you can see that VPN “keep alive” packets are being sent and that NTP is also connecting correctly, I would agree with you that potentially your Sure Signal box has developed a fault.

I’m pretty sure you have already read through our Troubleshooting thread, I would like to escalate this to our Sure Signal team.  To do this, I’ve sent you an email – if you could reply back with the details we need, we will escalate this for you.

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team

Hi

Thanks for the reply and the email to which i have responded with the information you requested.

I am using Wireshark on Windows, purely because I use a Windows laptop in my day to day work and it's easy to carry round.

I have the 32bit version on my laptop and the 64bit version on my desktop machine.  I have it on both because it's easier to analyse things on my desktop monitor.

Luckily the Draytek 2820n i am using has a port mirror function so it is easy to hook the wireshark laptop up to that and just get everything going in and out of the router.

Hi. mines been working fine for months (except for having to restart it a few times) until today I notixced power light is solid, second light is flahing and I have no 3G signal connection on my phone.

I wasnt even in the house Wednesday, nothing has been touched on the router or sure signal and my internet connection is fine. Restarting the sure signal or the router is not helping..

I have zero signal in my home from Vodafone.. Can anyone help.

Thanks

James

Hi Batfink,

Have you followed all of the troubleshooting steps on the first page of this thread. If you have already done this, can you get back to us with the relevant router information, so we can look into this further.

Woody

eForum Team

OK .. not good news for me neither.

Vodafone are meant to be delivering a replacement box tomorrow after a day spent with tech support, but as the box worked perfectly up till the early hours of this morning I am deeply suspicious that the box wasever  to blame. 2 months perfect working: then  zapped - like everyone else - tech doesnt fail like that - in unison across the land.

What I did discover from tech were the following:

a) today they have been INUNDATED with SS issues as described including mine

b) no one in VF is prepared to admit to having done any tech upgrade or fiddled with the SS settings

c) my SS box can be seen perfectly by the SS Server but constantly recycles just before it synchs

d) any assurances that all is well and under control are nonsense: the problem was still on going at 5pm this evening

e) that VF feels under no obligation to to refund any money to anyone: SS is a take it or leave it product - probably wont stand up in court

f) that YES - there had been an attempt to update my box remotely and this update was suspect

[My own situation was calamitously compounded by VirginMedia's landline phones being flooded out so apart from VOIP I have no comms at all.]

The problem I (and many others) have on an issue like this with a communications company, is the inability to communicate honestly and take responsibility honestly. I am utterly jaded at a wasted business day simply trying to get a grip on the situation. All I needed was a tech to say: "Its our problem" - "Our systems screwed up" - "Hang in there" - "We're working on it". Instead I was told it was my fault viz:

a) VirginMedia updates have reprogrammed your switches and routers (nonsense - they are not programmable dumb switches and routers)

b) Do a full factory reset (all that did was delay by two hours the whole synch process)

c) set port forwarding on your router (why would that be required two months after perfect working)

d) you need to reboot your Internet now (nonsense - why should downing all our systems help a VF SS)

e) your bandwidth is insufficient (6Mb and counting - more nonsense)

f) your SS is faulty (a very small possibility)

Do I need to go on ??? This kind of techy gobbledy ###### nonsense annoys me.

Good thing that happened - WOW - I VF Tech did call me back on the VOIP to apologise and admit that he AND ALL THE TEAM were stumped by what had happened here and were less than polite about the information they were getting on the problem. Full marks to that guy for the phone call and the honesty.

So what do I do .... ?