cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lights: power - flashing, internet - off, service - off, use - solid orange)

Toby01
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

We have had our SSV3 for 7 months and it has been working perfectly. We turned it off when we went away recently and when we turned it back on, we have had the above problem. We have tried all the recommendations in the troubleshooting section but nothing has changed.

Our details are 

Router               BT Hub4

ISP                   BT

SS Serial           40131557536

Ping                  71

D/L Speed          7.39

U/L Speed          0.38

IP                      213.122.199.178

Regret we have received the following message when we try the Traceroute: 'tracert is not reconized as an internal or external command'

Any help to resolve this problem would be much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

When I gave the SS to our local Vodafone office, I warned them that they should not correspond with us by text message as obviously we could not pick up their messages without our Sure Signal unit. Of course a text message was sent last week which we just received yesterday....   I have just been to Vodafone where a brand new replacement unit was waiting for us which I have now installed and is working fine. Thank you Vodafone ! There was an accompanying letter to the effect that the old one could not be fixed and the warranty on the new one would last as long as the old warranty on the old unit. Let us hope that this one lasts a bit longer.

View solution in original position

21 REPLIES 21

Have tried a reboot today and seen a flashing orange phone light for the first time. Support desk said it may fix itself by tomorrow. I must say I'm a little unsure.

Hi eoinjennings,

I can see you performed a resync yesterday.

The Sure Signal hasn't contacted the servers though since November last year.

I've pushed through a resync for you.

To make sure it completes, can you do a factory reset for me:-

• Find the button on the base of the unit next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around one hour

Thanks

Ian

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Toby01,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Does your father in law use a different router and internet provider?

Also, if you log into your router admin panel, can you confirm if the router can see the Sure Signal and has assigned it an IP address?

James

Yes - he is using Talk Talk whereas we are with BT. Please advise how I can check the Router Admin Panel ?

Thanks

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Toby01,

You can access this by going to http://bthomehub.home/.

If you’re having trouble finding the information, you will need to speak with BT to get detailed instruction.

James

Hi James

As advised, we have BT/Hub4 but my father in law is with Talk Talk and has (I think) a Netgear Router. He is 91 years old so I have to do everything myself when I visit - normally every day or two. Presumably you are asking me to contact his router rather than ours ? Please advise how we do this ?

Thanks

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Toby01

Unfortunately we do not support third party equipment. You would need to contact Talk Talk or Netgear for this information. 

Thanks

Sukhi

Dear Suki

Thank you for your message

However, I regret that I do not understand your comment. How is TalkTalk/Netgear 'third party' whereas BT is not ? You have asked me to test the Sure Signal on another router and I have done this and it does not work on that router either.

It is now more than two weeks since we have had this problem, during which we have had zero mobile reception. We have tried all your suggestions and you have not come back with any suggestion as to how to fix the problem.

Seeing as the SS was working properly for some months and now does not work on our router nor on my father in law's, I suggest you kindly consider that it is faulty and should be reaplced ?

Thank you

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Toby01,

We don't generally have details for third party devices. If one of us uses the same equipment, though, we may be able to point you the right way.

As it's not working on the second connection, we'd recommend sending it for repair.

Dave

Just to let you know that we have passed our SS to our local Vodafone office who have sent it away for repair. Other readers might be interested in the procedure which apparently takes about a week, on average.

Thanks