cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lights: power - solid, internet - solid orange, service - solid white, use - flashing/solid)

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

This issue has the following symptoms:

• Power: Solid
  • Internet: Solid Orange
  • In Service: Solid White
  • In Use: Flashing/Solid White

This light sequence indicates the Sure Signal is active but poor audio quality is received. This can be caused by poor upload and download speeds.

Troubleshooting

Please contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to ask if they can do anything to increase your speeds. It would be beneficial for you to take a few examples throughout the day to obtain an average speed to present to your ISP. You can obtain your speeds from the link below.

Speed test results can be obtained from here.

The results of a traceroute will also help.

Traceroute command:

On a PC:

1. Click on Start and select Run
  2. Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
  3. A black box will appear
  4. In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
  5. Paste the output of this command into your reply

On a Mac:

1. Open Terminal (Applications, Utilities)
  2. Type 'traceroute 212.183.133.177'
  3. Press Enter

Once you've spoken with your ISP and your speeds have sufficiently improved, if you're still seeing these symptoms, please post the information requested below:

• Your speed test results from here
  • Your ping test results from here
  • Your external IP address from here
  • Your Sure Signal serial number
  • The results of the traceroute (See above for instructions)

Thanks,

Jenny

32 REPLIES 32

mpw246pl
4: Newbie

Hi Lee

Ive been a sure signal use for a couple of years now, using Version 1 - but at then end of 2012 I started suffering poor phone signal (not at my end) but to others who were listening to me. This occurs on both of my vodafones and also on my partners vodafone (thus 3 seperate numbers). As a result I changed over to a version 3 about 4 weeks ago and the problem persists.

I have reset the SureSignal on numerous occasions and I can see the relevant light flickering when the phones are using the connection. All three phones have full 3G (H symbol on the 2 Samsungs and 3G on a Nokia) signal when in the house.

My light status is always as follows:

Power: Solid

Internet: Solid Orange

In Service: Solid White

In Use: Flashing/Solid White

My sure signal serial number is: 40124109675

I have attached a word document containing the speedtest, pingtest, external IP and traceroute information.

Thanks

Mark

Hi mpw246pl, 

Everything looks fine but the fact that two different units have had the same issue would suggest something to do with your ISP.

I've checked the serial number of your Sure Signal and we've detected a location move - this can be caused by a few things - actually moving location (obviously :smileywink:), changing your router or an update from your ISP.

Can yo log into your Sure Signal settings in your online accont and chnage the postcode away from the one you're at, then change it back after about 5-10 minutes?

Once you've done this, reset the Sure Signal again and let me know how you get on

Paul 

Hi Paul

Sorry it's taken a few days to come back to you, but I failed to see your reply and didn't get a notification.

Certainly, up till this evening and seeing your reply, the phone call quality is still unpredictable even though phones show full 3G.

I have followed your instructions. At 2205hrs changed post code to Cornwall and then at 2222hrs changed it back to mine and did a sure signal box reset.

I have attached the most recent pingtest results for you to look at it.

I will let you know over the next couple of days if the call quality continues.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mpw246pl,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Everything looks fine there so let us know how you get on.

This may have nothing to do with this issue but it’s worth looking at just in case: please can you let us know what router and firmware version you’re currently running?

Thanks,

Jenny

davidobrian
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Jenny,

Until recently I had a V1 Sure signal that, all of a sudden stopped boosting my wife and my iphone signals. Thinking that it was the unit, I purcashed a V3 - still poor signal

The until lights are;

Power: Solid

Internet: Slowly flashing white

In Service: out

In Use: out

My internet speeds are DL = 28.05Mpbs UL = 9.4Mpbs

I have tried the following, that I got from another post;

On a PC:
Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

But got;

212.183.133.177 is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

Can you help please?

Your Sure Signal serial number: 4013143915

Thanks,

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi davidobrian,

Welcome to the eForum. :Smiling:

The serial number you've posted isn't one our systems can find. Can you double check and confirm it for me? 

For the traceroute, it could be that your firewall or other software is preventing the command. Are you using a MAC or PC to do this? Also if you let me know your external IP address, we can look into this further to confirm. :Smiling: 

Cheers, Ben

Hi Ben, Thank you for your reply. I have taken a couple of photographs on my unit, hopefully giving you the information you require. My IP address is 151.225.119.181. I use a PC. If you need any more info please ask at any time. Thanks David

Hi davidobrien,

Thanks for the photos. There was one digit missing from the serial number - it's 40131143915.

The traceroute error can happen in a few situations, such as:

- Trying to run it on a PC when you don't have admin rights for that computer.

- If your computer is behind a corporate firewall blocking the connection.

- If your computer is connected to a corporate VPN, even if it isn't using it to try the traceroute.

I'd also try deregistering the Sure Signal completely, waiting for 30 minutes, then registering again.

Dave

Hi again guys,

Still no joy. I de registered the Sure Signal on the Vodafone website, waited 1 hour and re registered it. Reset the unit and plugged it in again and after 24 hours all I still have is a red power light and a slow flashing Internet light and the other two are out.

On the Vodafone website it is showing as registered and both my wife and I have received texts confirming that our numbers are also registered.

With regard to Dave's suggestions;

1.         I do have Admin rights for the computer, I am the only one that uses it.
  2.         The computer is not behind a corporate fire wall - its a home PC.
  3.         I don;t believe that my computer is connected to a corporate VPN - again its my home computer.

Please help

David.