Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Line speed specification for Sure Signal v3

jdvoda
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My Sure Signal version 3 occasionally fails to connect incoming calls to my phone. Callers tell me their call went straight to Voice Mail, but my phone doesn't show a missed call or a Voice Mail message or any indication that there was an incoming call. Problem only arises when Sure Signal is powered on and working (my phone is definitively not the problem - the problem has occured with two new iPhones).

Vodafone Technical Support has advised the Sure Signal v3 requires a download line speed of 4.1 mbps (mine is always 6 - 7 mbps) and an upload speed of 1.5 mbps (mine is always 0.37/0.38). According to Tech Support, my Sure Signal is 'dropping' calls because my line speed is outside specification. 

I cannot find any authorative information to confirm the required line speeds and an upload speed requirement in particular of 1.5 mbps seems highly unlikely to me since an upload speed of around 0.37 mbps is the industry standard across all service providers except for cable or optical services. 

So, is it the case that Sure Signal v3 requires a line upload speed well outside of the standard service provision generally available?

Or, is it more likely that my unit is faulty? I suspect the latter since the unit performed faultlessly for the first 8 months of use.

If anyone can point me at a definitive Vodafone statement of line speed requirements for the Sure Signal v3 it would be helpful. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Rodney
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @jdvoda,  

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Rodney