cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Location on phone showing as Phnom Penh - I am in London!

WiilK
2: Seeker

Hello

When I am connected to my Sure Signal the phone's location is showing as Phnom Penh despite being in Central London.  Whilst I dont have too much of an issue with this it does mean i think my day is over just as it begins and it shows the temperature at 32 degrees Celsius even at 8pm!

In my settings online it shows that  iam using the postcode W1S xxx so i guess it is to do wiht my IP address - i am in serviced offices so i cant do much with the connection as it is provided for me.

Any ideas? - Thank you

16 REPLIES 16

WiilK
Unfortunately not. Tried a reset again. Still just the red light.

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Willk,

It did update last night so is definitely connecting to the server.

Can you completely deregister the Sure Signal for an hour and then register this again?

Once you’ve done, please let me know how you get on.

James

WiilK
Thanks James, I am not back in until tomorrow when I will try again. Interesting that it contacted the server given the time as no one was in to reset or try it.

I deregisterd this morning and have re-registered over an hour later - yet stil only the red light.

James could you please help as this is getting very frustrating??

Thank you as always 

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Wiilk

Can you try it with a different connection preferably with different ISP? Would you be able to take is around to a friends house?

If the same thing happens, it would suggest that you have a faulty Sure Signal in which case the next step would be a repair.

Thanks

Sukhi

Sukhi

Thank you for your time - i took it home yesterday and nothin again, any other ideas before i spend money?

Thanks

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi WiilK

Please can you confirm the light sequence for me.

I'm not sure if you have just a solid power light, or a solid power light and two flashing white lights (if so, which ones?).

This will indicate what the likely fault is.

Thanks

DaveCD