Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Looks like I've joined the non-working sure signal club

Tobyxj
4: Newbie

Have had my sure signal box working for the last 3-4 months. Yesterday, however, sure signal stopped working. Both the power light and the internet light keep flashing. I have tried rebooting to no avail. The box serial number is 21228597304.

13 REPLIES 13

Retired-AndyD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Tobyxj,

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy

yes carried out the trouble shooting steps with no sucess although have no idea about the final steps regarding the router. 

Our router is a BT Home HGub 2.0, our ISP is BT. The serial number for my SS is 21228597304.

Toby

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Tobyxj

Thanks for your post here.

Can you confirm which Sure Signal box you have?

If it’s the older one (one that stands up straight and has four lights) then I’ll send you a private message over that explains how you can get in touch with us so that we can look into this further for you.

If it’s the newer one, the square version, with one red power light and two other lights (system and phone), can you confirm which of the lights are doing what as there is no ‘internet’ light on this one.

You can find your PM inbox here

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

Hi Wayne

I have one of the old boxes with four lights.

Toby

This sounds exactly the same as the problem I reported yesterday under the title 'suresignal problem'. Please send any info also to me that will fix this. I badly need my phone back up and running. I too have the older 4 light box. Both the power and internet lights keep flashing. I 've tried all the reset and reboot routines and I too have no clue about the router/address bit at the end of the troubleshooting thread. Thank you.

rnm

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there Tobyxj,

Many thanks for your post.

I've forced a resync of your VSS. Please factory reset the device for me as per my below instructions and follow the instruction in my PM if the device doesn’t come back online.

Hey rnm,

I’ve replied to your other post here.

Factory Reset

• Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the rest button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
  • The VSS should come online within the hour

Cheers,

Lee

Lee

many thyanks. VSS was working this mornming after your resync.

Toby

The SS worrked for a few days following this forced sync but today stopped working again. This time only the power light is on. I have tried rebooting and following the trouble shooting steps but with no sucess. Just to confirm it is one of the old boxes with the srial number  21228597304.

It all seemed to start working again the second I sent the last message. Sorry.