Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Low signal area, can sure signal support a mobile wifi device

MISSJAX
2: Seeker

Hi

Hoping someone from the tech team can help with a query.

I live in a low signal & slow (very) broadband area. To boost my phone signal I have a sure signal device which is great.

I have tried to get fibre broadband recently but it isn't available in my area so it looks as though I am stuck with our very slow normal broadband.

If I got a Vodafone mobile broadband device would this work through my sure signal booster? It probably wouldnt work where I live without this.

Also I guess I need to retain my existing broadband connection to enable to sure signal to enable the wifi device, right?

What speed can I expect with a 3G device rather than the 4g? Also prices for these aren't showing existing customer discounts, can you let me know the charge

Is it possible to trail run one of these since there are so many possibilities of it not working?

Thanks for your help

Jax

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @MISSJAX

You would be able to add a mobile broadband device to your Sure Signal. There is further information with the criteria needed on the link below.

Vodafone Sure Signal

If you need further information Live Chat will be able to answer your questions.

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

I'm not sure how much benefit you will get from a MBB device, as at the end of the day your broadband will be carrying the traffic, and you'll be mostly limited by the speeds available on that.

Does your phone have the ability to be a mobile hotspot as that would do the same thing? It could be worth trying on that before spending money on something that may or may not work.

MISSJAX

Thanks for your help guys! I gues this is the price I pay for living in a beautiful place!

mousecalledjerr
4: Newbie
My parents live in rural scotland and have a fixed 512kbs (0.5mbs) adsl broadband service, they ended up dedicating that just for the sure signal and have sourced satellite broadband connection for everything else.

I wouldn't recommend getting a dongle to use on the sure signal as that would mean you would be paying twice, once to your isp for the broadband connection and then to vodafone for the data your using over the sure signal.

I didnt even know there was satellit broadband! Definitely work looking into, thanks for the tip!

mousecalledjerr
4: Newbie
I can't post details of the provider but they do a 20mbs package that's pretty good for "satellite internet" from a company in based in the UK, the equipment is pretty expensive tho