Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

MY SURE SIGNAL BOX WONT WORK AND NO ONE WILL HELP!¬

anna2825
4: Newbie

The issue you’re experiencing: I cant use my phone at home thanks to my Sure Signal box not working for the last 4 days

What light sequence you're seeing:Both lights constantly flashing (then one solid) and calls not coming in - going straight to voicemail.  

Your speed test results from here.11.79 download  6.40 Upload

Your external IP address from here.82.69.120.93

Your Sure Signal serial number:40121453134

The results of a traceroute.Options:
-d Do not resolve addresses to hostnames.
-h maximum_hops Maximum number of hops to search for target.
-j host-list Loose source route along host-list (IPv4-only).
-w timeout Wait timeout milliseconds for each reply.
-R Trace round-trip path (IPv6-only).
-S srcaddr Source address to use (IPv6-only).
-4 Force using IPv4.
-6 Force using IPv6.

25 REPLIES 25

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@anna2825

What version of Sure Signal are you using please ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Version 2

BandOfBrothers

Thank you. 

So.....It may also be worth trying a different power supply with the SureSignal (Version 1 & 2 ), as there have been some reports of replacement power supplies solving the issues. Even if lights / power are showing. They are available on eBay for around £10.

From member cineriv "But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc."

Current Phone  >

I appreciate your help but just dont understand what you mean! There is absolutely nbothing wrong with my power supply and everything else works fine.  I have also plugged my Sure Signal box into other plug sockets and its the same

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

As as I mentioned "Even if lights / power are showing."

All can look to be working but if the power supply is degrading issues can present themselves. It's just a process of elimination that you can try if you wish. 

Current Phone  >

I think "power supply" may be causing some confusion here - is there a cable that goes into your sure signal device?  If so, it's that that is being referred to rather that your home power supply in general. (Hope this helps and isn't a misunderstanding on my part.) 🙂 

Yes, I have a cable going from my router to the Sure Signal box and then of course the regular power cable.

Id much rather someone from Vodafone who knew what they were talking about ACTUALLY got on here and tried to help me!  I susp[ect that I have no choice but to switch to another provider as my business is sufferi8ng because of this

forumfairy
13: Advanced Member

You can speak to Vodafone direct on the Live Chat option - is that suitable for you?

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us/

The Tech Team do reply on the forum too but may not be as instant.