Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

MY SURE SIGNAL BOX WONT WORK AND NO ONE WILL HELP!¬

anna2825
4: Newbie

The issue you’re experiencing: I cant use my phone at home thanks to my Sure Signal box not working for the last 4 days

What light sequence you're seeing:Both lights constantly flashing (then one solid) and calls not coming in - going straight to voicemail.  

Your speed test results from here.11.79 download  6.40 Upload

Your external IP address from here.82.69.120.93

Your Sure Signal serial number:40121453134

The results of a traceroute.Options:
-d Do not resolve addresses to hostnames.
-h maximum_hops Maximum number of hops to search for target.
-j host-list Loose source route along host-list (IPv4-only).
-w timeout Wait timeout milliseconds for each reply.
-R Trace round-trip path (IPv6-only).
-S srcaddr Source address to use (IPv6-only).
-4 Force using IPv4.
-6 Force using IPv6.

25 REPLIES 25

Oh believe me Ive tried that twice already and they werent any help at all.  Just told me to restrat the Sure Signal box which I have done dozens of tiumes and then to restart myu router which I also did - no change.  I still have two lights constantly flashing

I rang them too and someone pout me on hold for 15 minutes!!!!!  I hung up

forumfairy
13: Advanced Member

"Yes, I have a cable going from my router to the Sure Signal box and then of course the regular power cable."

These would be the power supplies that Band of Brothers was referring to - as mentioned, it has been a successful check for a number of people so may be worth trying meantime (if possible). 

Hopefully the Tech Team will be along shortly for you. 🙂

Thank you for your advise, however, not being someone in the IT industry I just dont understand what he wrote!

forumfairy
13: Advanced Member

It just basically means that you could try another cable the same as the one in your sure signal to see if it is a faulty cable that is causing the issue - the information given about voltages etc. can be checked in the same way that you would check a fuse or a plug.  Say, you have a table lamp that isn't working and you know that the fuse for it is a 3amp then you would only use a 3amp fuse to replace it.  So the information given (12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity) would be the type of cable needed. The information is usually displayed on the cable itself, usually on the wrap around stickers on them.  By the sounds of things some people have tried using a cable that they may currently be using in other devices (hence the reference to printers etc.) so, if for example, you had a suitable cable elsewhere you could remove the one currently in the sure signal, try the alternative cable and see if this works.  It seems that a lot of customers have had success with this - it may not be something you want (or are able) to try though. 🙂

The Tech Team will guide you as soon as they can. 

Two days and still no reposnse from Vodafone!

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@anna2825 Sorry for the delay in reaching your post. 

I've checked your serial number and can see that your Sure Signal last made contact with our server on 23 January 2017 at 6.43pm. 

If you're still experiencing issues, please let us know. 

It may be worth testing your Sure Signal with a replacement power lead, as mentioned earlier in the thread by @BandOfBrothers

Hopefully the Tech Team will be along shortly for you. 🙂

They wrent Lisa but thanks.  I took matters into my own habnds, wrote a strong emnail to the man at the very top and its all sorted now 🙂

thats nice......good u got it right.....but that only shows the lousy attitude of theirs......

Thanks

Driver Restore