Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mixed Messages!!!

SimonKel
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Has anyone else experianced mixed messages from departments!!

I have had a V1 sure signal since 2011 and it gave up and died a few weeks ago.

I went on to live chat for help and they said If I went into the local shop they would replace it free off charge as a long standing customer (since the old brick phone days!!) with multiple contracts.

Next day thats what I did!

No says the shop! phone up.

No says the phone team, go back to the shop.

No says the shop!

Give up!

Can someone tell me who is right, who is wrong and will voda replace my V1 free or sting me for cash again!!

Thanks

Simon

13 REPLIES 13

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

My Sure Signal died a few weeks ago. I'm a pretty good customer of 20 years standing.

I had to buy a new SS - no chance of a free replacement.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Thats just bad buisiness!! considering I was supplied it free as I am in a signal blackspot!!

jeffkinn

If you got it free in the first place they should replace it free of charge. I'd keep pressing them on it but they do have a retail price of £100 so it's quite a cost for both parties, and Vodafone always says that they make a loss on the £100 selling price.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

jackofalltrades
5: Helper
Sorry I don't agree with what your saying. You can't expect them to replace it for free after you have had it for 3 years. Things change technology moves on and prices increase. That's like going to ford and saying my 3 year old car is broke can I have a new one please. I have been told that the only way
You can get a new one is by ordering online or getting to a store as the call centre staff cannot order them. So that only leaves us with 3 options we can buy a new one, see if we can get it repaired or how about any popular bidding sights?

Good luck getting a replacement.  My VSS 3 died recently, 3 weeks before end of warranty.  After 3 weeks, no replacement...Customer Service say "None in stock and No estimated delivery date" - leaving me to hang out the window or use a b/tooth headset once I find a location in the house to get a signal.

It was supplied free as I have no signal at home.

I pay a contract for a service and they should supply me with that service ie ensure I can use my phone!

If you had a car and with no wheels you would not be happy.

I have an on going contract with voda who supply me with a phone service!

no box no service so they are breaking there side of my contract!

If you went to a garrage and asked for wheels to be fitted, they had a broken jack and asked you to buy them a new one so they can give you wheels you would refuse!

hence they should replace the box evenif it is 3 years old.

regards the other point about where to get them, i was advised in the shop to phone, and advised on the phone to go to the shop! live chat also said shop. ie no one knows!

To add again! sorry!

shop tried to get repair and said un repairable and popular bidding sites cost more than voda!!

jeffkinn

@SimonKel wrote:

I have an on going contract with voda who supply me with a phone service!

no box no service so they are breaking there side of my contract!

Not right. They are providing you with a mobile phone service so by definition it isn't restricted to a single area. That would relate to a BT fixed line contract.

If you can get a mobile signal you are getting what you pay for even if it isn't where you want it to be.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png