Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Allowance

mattyc
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

When using my Sure Signal Box at home, does it use up my mobile data allowance on my phone as well as my home Broadband allowance?  I can access the internet at home via wifi on my phone / home router - thus not using my mobile allowance but when doing so, can not make / receive any calls due to the poor signal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

When you are connected to the SureSignal, you will be using your inclusive minutes, texts and data.  The SureSignal in turn will be using your broadband allowance to carry the calls, texts etc.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

drey_p

Hi there

When you are connected to the SureSignal, you will be using your inclusive minutes, texts and data.  The SureSignal in turn will be using your broadband allowance to carry the calls, texts etc.

PWIAC

Thanks drew_p.

I am therefore thinking that when downloading software updates or refreshing I am better to turn on wi-fi that disables the sure signal box so I don't use up my inclusive data (my broadband is unlimited and so that is not an issue).

drey_p

Yeah - that would be the best way to ensure you don't use your mobile data allowance whilst at home.  Just keep using your WiFi at home and then you'll have your mobile data allowance to use when out!

PWIAC

Spot on.... thanks!

RetiredTom
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi mattyc,

drey_p's done a great job of answering your question there! 

I keep my WiFi on all the time, so when I'm at home, my phone uses WiFi for any internet services, but connects to my Sure Signal for calls and texts. Generally most phones will prioritise WiFi over mobile data, so that's the best way to use it.

Thanks,

Tom

very helpful, I liked the way that this answered my questuion right away