Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Data & MMS over Sure Signal

StuBill
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Sure Signal 1 - which works just fine for Voice and SMS.

I have never been able to use mobile data over the SS though, either with my Nokia E6 or my current Lumia 720.

I can use mobile data/MMS fine when away from the SS - so I know my account and settings are correct.

No big deal you say - as it is better/quicker/cheaper to use the WiFi from the network that the SS is connected to.

True, however, having recieved a couple of MMS messages lately, it transpires I can not download the data content of the message over the SS either. It just constantly times out (same as it does if trying to connect to the Internet over SS). Strangely I can send an MMS over the SS with no problem.

So, to download MMS message content when at home, I have to put my shoes on and walk up the road out of SS range and try and get a mobile signal (which once achieved, works fine).

Why ?

13 REPLIES 13

Hi Sukhi,

My results are as follows:-

Speedtest - 5.15 mbps download, 0.37 mbps upload

Pingtest - Packet loss - 0%,  ping - 57ms, jitter - 1ms, rated grade B overall

Hope that helps.

Pete

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pmesley, 

That's fine so I can't see any reason this isn't working. 

Can you try your Sure Signal at a different location (friend or family members?) to see if the same issue happens? 

Let us know the outcome and we'll take it from there. 

Kay

Hi Kay,

I tried taking it to another location with broadband, but the test was inconclusinve, as there is good mobile reception there, so mms photos send and receive fine. (as an extra test I tried turning off mobile data, but nothing was received with it off, but I guess that is to be expected anyway).

Thanks

Pete

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pmesley,

We may need to take a closer look at your account and configuration then. I've sent instructions on how to reach my team here. Thanks for testing in the meantime. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben