Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Data & MMS over Sure Signal

StuBill
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Sure Signal 1 - which works just fine for Voice and SMS.

I have never been able to use mobile data over the SS though, either with my Nokia E6 or my current Lumia 720.

I can use mobile data/MMS fine when away from the SS - so I know my account and settings are correct.

No big deal you say - as it is better/quicker/cheaper to use the WiFi from the network that the SS is connected to.

True, however, having recieved a couple of MMS messages lately, it transpires I can not download the data content of the message over the SS either. It just constantly times out (same as it does if trying to connect to the Internet over SS). Strangely I can send an MMS over the SS with no problem.

So, to download MMS message content when at home, I have to put my shoes on and walk up the road out of SS range and try and get a mobile signal (which once achieved, works fine).

Why ?

13 REPLIES 13

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi StuBill,

Thanks for posting. As you say, your account settings will be OK if the MMS and data connects fine away from the Sure Signal. The fact that this has been the case over both handsets suggests to me it's something to do with your Sure Signal profile.

Back when we started Sure Signal, MMS was an issue and we fixed this with a software update. If your unit still hasn't received the update, i'd recommend de-registering and registering from fresh. That way your new profile will have the necessary updates! :Smiling:

Can you give that a whirl by logging in and let me know the outcome? Remember, when you register again it can take up to an hour for the unit to come back online. 

Cheers, Ben

Hi Ben,

I have de-registered and re-registerd my SS as advised and it is back up working fine for voice and SMS.

However, the mobile data and MMS situation remains the same. No mobile data connection, MMS will send, but unable to download MMS media content from recieved messages. Any other ideas ?

Thanks.

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi StuBill,

How long did you wait before re-registering? We'd usually suggest giving it an hour so that the system can completely refresh.

Do you have the serial number of the Sure Signal box so we can look a little closer?

Dave

pmesley
4: Newbie
Hi, did you ever get this sorted, because I have the exact same issue?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pmesley,

I’m sorry to see you’re having problems with picture messages and data when using your Sure Signal.

Have you tried Ben’s suggestion of de-registering and re-registering as above?

If you’ve already tried this, please get back to us with your serial number and we’ll look into this further. :Smiling:

Thanks

Jenny 

pmesley
Hi Jenny, no there is no difference after de-registering. Photos I take and send to myself go straight away, but just time out when trying to download. Btw, it's been like this ever since I got it.
My serial number is 40121454058.
Hope you can help!
Pete

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Pete,

Thanks for getting back to me. :Smiling:

I’ve taken a look at your serial number and everything looks fine.

Do you have Wi-Fi enabled? If so, try disabling this on your phone and test again.

If you’re still having problems even with Wi-Fi disabled, please get back to me with the following;

-Does this happen with other phones or just yours?

-Can you send and receive picture messages usually (when away from the Sure Signal)?

-Can you use data ok when connected to the Sure Signal?

-Can you make and receive calls ok when connected to the Sure Signal?

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Jenny 

pmesley
Hi Jenny,
I did have wi-fi enabled, but disabling it makes no difference.

Mine is the only 3g phone in the house, so I can't test another one (it's a Samsung Galaxy S3).

When away from the sure signal it sends and receives mms photos fine.

I don't think I can get data through the suresignal - with wi-fi off it times out when trying to connect to Web pages.

And finally, yes I can make and receive calls ok when connected to the suresignal

Thanks for investigating! 🙂
Pete

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pmesley

Thanks for coming back to us.

So that we can rule out it being a bandwidth issues can you let us know answers to the following:

Your speed test results from here
Your ping test results from here

Thanks

Sukhi

Thanks

Sukhi