Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moved from BT HH2 to BT HH4 but unable to connect SS3

KathrynD
4: Newbie

I have a BT HomeHub 4 (new this week) and a Sure Signal 3. The Sure Signal 3 worked fine with the previous BT Home Hub 2. I believe I have opened the Ports required (8, 50, 123, 500, 4500, 1723) but I still see the Flashing Red Light and Solid Orange light - 36 hours now. The light where the Ethernet cable enters the SS3 is on and flashing. When I look at the Home Hub information I can see the router information and all my WiFi equipment is there (in the WiFi Tree) but there is nothing shown in the Physical Connections 'tree'. where I assume the SS3 should be as it is physically connected I am not sure where to go from here - I would be grateful if you can advise please. I would revert back to the HH2 but it has an intermittent problem which is why it is being changed.  

SS3 shows as registered - Serial Number * 40131955821 Get Help / Status active

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Thank you Matt. I have been out for a couple of hours and cam home to find it had connected and is working as expected! No idea what it was but if it is working I am not going to try and fix it! Thank you for replying.

KathrynD
I have a BT HomeHub 4 (new this week) and a Sure Signal 3. The Sure Signal 3 worked fine with the previous BT Home Hub (2). I believe I have opened the Ports required (8, 50, 123, 500, 4500, 1723) but I still see the Flashing Red Light and Solid Orange light - 36 hours now. The light where the Ethernet cable enters the SS3 is on and flashing. When I look at the Home Hub information I can see the router information and all my WiFi equipment is there but there is nothing shown in the Physical Connections 'tree'. I am not sure where to go from here - I would be grateful if you can advise please. I would revert back to the HH4 but it has an intermittent problem which is why it is being changed.

KathrynD
I have a BT HomeHub 4 (new this week) and a Sure Signal 3. The Sure Signal 3 worked fine with the previous BT Home Hub (2). I believe I have opened the Ports required (8, 50, 123, 500, 4500, 1723) but I still see the Flashing Red Light and Solid Orange light - 36 hours now. The light where the Ethernet cable enters the SS3 is on and flashing. When I look at the Home Hub information I can see the router information and all my WiFi equipment is there but there is nothing shown in the Physical Connections 'tree'. I am not sure where to go from here - I would be grateful if you can advise please. I would revert back to the HH2 but it has an intermittent problem which is why it is being changed.