Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Multiple v3 Suresignals Failing

LeeAsh
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I have three suresignals that up until a couple of weeks ago all worked without issue for over a year. Now all three are displaying two solid orange lights and flashing power.

They are connected on a 60mb virgin fibre line connected to a superhub.

I am unable to ping the vap.vodaphone.co.uk 212.18.133.177 from another device and the mac addresses of the suresignals appear in the dhcp of the superhub.

i've tried re-registering one with no effect apart from losing all the user config.

I've also rebooted the router numerous times.

Any ideas why i cant ping the vap from a public broadband superhub when the rest of the tested internet is fine?

15 REPLIES 15

Two weeks on, I've still had no account manager contact nor any further actions to resolve the issues with the suresignals in the short term. Please can someone help me?

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@LeeAsh

I’m sorry about that. I’ve chased this up again today.

Someone will be in touch as soon as possible.

Thankyou, I've also tried port forwarding to one suresignal in the mean time but thats made no difference to it.

john32
13: Advanced Member

To rule out issues with Vodafone would you have the option to try one of the suresignals on another internet connection?

Just to prove if it is configured correctly at Vodafone's end.

Also - I appreciate this used to work - but just to double check in case Virgin have changed a setting on the superhub - can you check the Advances Settings > Firewall page to ensure the VPN passthough options are allowed.

Good luck

John

OK I'll check but I have tried at home with one with no success (as stated above) and with the firewall turned off on the router. even with one configured to be in the DMZ.

Just checked and all passthroughs are enabled.

I've also factory reset the router whislt troubleshooting which then involved contacting virgin for the PPP uname and password.

Theres literally nothing left to do at this end AFAIK but Im willing to try anything.

These suresignals used to also connect on our corporate network LAN but they no longer connect on that either, we put in a dedicated line for QoS for them as they would repeatedly disconnect. The virgin line worked a treat until they gave up in October.

Funy thing is if I just connect them to a  hub thats not connected to anything, they keep looking for an internet connection, I get two oranges and then it goes back to flashing white. On any internet connection, as soon as it gets the two oranges it stays that way which makes me think it is getting through but being blocked at the VF end somehow.

I'll try one at home again this weekend but I'm not hopeful.

Thanks,