cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone Sure Signal Booster keeps changing it IP address and thus disconnecting from the server?

cscottsfx
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have an Asus DSL-N66U Router that i connect a Vodafone Sure Signal Booster to as well as 3 computers, a network printer, another wireless router used as an WAP and several smartphones and tablets. When i first had the VSSB it connected up fine and all was well. After a short period of time i had the flashing lights come up on the VSSB and my phone would not connect to the booster. After spending many hours on various helplines i worked out that the reason for the issue is that the VSSB was looking for the wrong router IP. I changed the IP pool from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.1 and the issue was fixed. However, 3 weeks down the line and the same thing has happened. Because i run a server i cannot afford to keep changing the IP pool as downtime is an issue for me. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, were you able to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

If changing from 192.168.0.x to 192.168.1.x, do you have 2 different DHCP servers on the network issuing 2 seperate address ranges and 2 different default gateways?

Have you tried giving it a static reservation on the router so it is always issued the same address?

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

grolschuk

If changing from 192.168.0.x to 192.168.1.x, do you have 2 different DHCP servers on the network issuing 2 seperate address ranges and 2 different default gateways?

Have you tried giving it a static reservation on the router so it is always issued the same address?

You have have just saved me from my 3 month turmoil. The DHCP server on the wireless access point was turned on and that would also explain why i spend a lot of my time setting static IP's for people who come to visit. You always tend to look for the most complicated of answers when there is an issue. I have reset my sure signal, i still have the two solid orange and flashing red lights though. I will give it an hour or so to sort itself out. Does anyone on the Vodafone team mind resyncing the line for me please?

Still having issues with the sure signal. I have reset it and waited over an hour but still on 2 solid orange lights and a flashing red. Is there a way to access the SSB itself and manually change the Router IP to the correct one?

grolschuk

No way to access the suresignal.

Maybe reboot the router so it clears any records of incorrect address allocations, and remove the DHCP entry on your server for the device so it has to go through the whole request again as if it was new?

Power cycled the router and all working fine. Thank you very much for your help.

grolschuk

Glad it was a simple oversight that fixed it :Smiling:

Could have been worse if the 2 servers were issuing the same range and you kept getting address conflicts.

yes it could have been a right nightmare. This was the last thing i needed to do on a complete network overhaul. Its brilliant when everything works as it should do. :Smiling: