cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My primary Sure signal user has moved to O2 - so i cant log in to reasign the primary user

ernie29
4: Newbie

I had some problems a while a go which meant i had to reassign the primary user from me to my son. I dint switch back.He has a company mobile.  He came home yesterday with a new phone... but his copmany had switched to O2! Disaster! I now cant access the management web pages for the Sure Signal box, since his account doesnt exist on Vodafone. How do i sort this? I need to get my name and number back as the primary user....... 

5 REPLIES 5

GojuSuzi
16: Advanced member
Is your son's company mobile that he did have on Vodafone in your name? His name? His employer's name? Whoever is/was the named owner of the subscription number will need to contact Vodafone and request it be released.

My sons mobile is owned by his employer. I assume the issue is that his number has been migrated over to the O2 network, so i dont undertand what you mean.... the number has been relased by Vodafone to O2 already. Is that what you mean? 

Now that this mobile number is not recognised by Vodafone, he cant log on to the Vodafone web site to change the primary user of suresignal from him back to me.

GojuSuzi
Sometime the sure signal will remain registered to the 'ghost' of the number, so it would still be logged in the system as owned by his employer. Though he can't log in, would be worth him and/or his employer ringing up, since they could track down the defunct account and verify that the logged owner is happy to relinquish rights to it. If it's a company account, he may have authorisation himself - who had to call them to talk about his number before? - so worth him trying if the company big folk are busy as they're bound to be.

He called Vodafone, but got the run around. No one really understood his question. He got passed between a few departments, but didnt get anywhere. Is there a direct phone number for sure signal support?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ernie29,

Thanks for posting an update.

We don't have a direct dial number for Sure Signal as we're trained to deal with support here. 

If the closed account wasn't in his name, he'll need to ask whoever took care of his number within the business to request a de-registration.

That person will then be able to contact the Vodafone account manager who looked after the line who can deal with the request.

Many thanks, Ben