cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My sure signal fails to recognise replacement SIM.

Eurygnomes
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there.

Some days ago, I received my replacement SIM/phone following an insurance claim (ultra speedily, well done!).

Since then, however, I have activated my SIM, and attempted to have it registered on my v2 suresignal. The suresignal that has caused me umpteen number of problems in the past.

I have called for help twice, the precis of which follows: 

27/08/2014 10:56: Rudy: attempted to register the phone on the suresignal box. Put phone on 3G only (WCDMA). Wait 20mins. Turn phone off and back on. Suresignal has been refreshed as well.

NO CHANGE

27/08/2014 12:05: Ahmed: it's registered. Is it on WCDMA? (Yes). Go through to find network operators. Select one that isn't Vodafone. Then repeat and select one that is. (Suresignal now flashing). turn phone off and remove battery/sim and wait 10s then restart. (Suresignal no longer flashing. There are currently bars but when I dial out, the phone says 'not registered on network'). Give it another hour.

STILL NO CHANGE.

Can someone please provide some successful help?

Serial number of suresignal: 40121029686

(I can't find the instructions of what more information (ping etc.) to send you on the sticky with the troubleshooting guide for suresignal v2. That might help in future. I hate my suresignal with a vengeance. An absolute, evil overlord of everything vengeance).

2 REPLIES 2

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Laura

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Eurygnomes,

Nobody likes an overlord, evil or otherwise! Let's see if we can help. :Winking_smiley:

I can see there's been an issue matching up a couple of things with the registration.

If possible, please de-register your Sure Signal and register it again under another number. After a minute or so, de-register again and register on the original number. 

Then just turn off and on the phone in question. It will then kick in within an hour or so.

If you're unable to register against another number, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Cheers,

Ben